Responsive and timely communications and messaging has become even more critical as we navigate COVID-19, and VHB has an exciting communications position opportunity! We are seeking a skilled communicator, marketer, and overall strategic storyteller to provide visibility and public relations support to our Mid-Atlantic Region as part of our Corporate Development + Strategy Team. We are looking for a creative and energetic go-getter and strategic thinker who relishes the thrill of positioning VHB as best-in-class related to Transportation, Real Estate, Institutional, Energy, Federal, and State and Local Government markets.
Working in partnership and collaboration with our Corporate Development+Strategy and People+Culture Teams, as well as our Mid-Atlantic Regional Marketing organization, the Communications and Public Relations Specialist will plan, manage, and execute visibility plans for targeted clients, pursuits, and projects in support of VHB’s strategic plan and growth initiatives. Responsibilities include content development, digital marketing campaigns, industry event identification, planning, and engagement strategies, media relations, award submittals, and other key activities that build and maximize VHB’s overall visibility and Brand in the marketplace.
Come join our talented and dynamically growing marketing and communications team! This position can be based out of our Washington, DC or Tysons Corner, VA office locations.
- Develop, manage, and implement strategic visibility plans in support of VHB’s Strategic Plan and key growth initiatives related to key clients, pursuits, and projects.
- Help identify, develop, and share regional stories (key projects, people, innovations, etc.) to support both external and internal communications and awareness.
- Collaborate with offices, client, and pursuit teams to help direct the focus and content and messaging for published communication pieces, industry events, and other visibility efforts.
- Write, edit, and place technical and bylined articles in support of growth initiatives.
- Support digital marketing campaigns, including eblasts, social media, e-news, press releases, and display advertising, including content development, review, and distribution.
- Provide support for VHB Viewpoints, our digital thought leadership platform, including content coordination, development, quality review, and promotion.
- Maintain VHB Brand and voice standards across all communications.
Skills and Attributes
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to align creative and compelling messaging with media and audience.
- Knowledge of trending digital marketing and communication platforms, and ability to leverage analytics to enhance audience engagement.
- Ability to manage and lead multiple assignments and internal marketing teams concurrently, juggling busy schedules and tight deadlines with ease.
- Calm and effective under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team player with a flexible, collaborative attitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate and work remotely.
- Willingness to travel, on occasion, to support specific visibility initiatives.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience supporting communications and marketing activities, preferably in an AEC environment. Relationships with AEC trade publications and media a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field. Excellent writing and editing skills a must. Communication and writing samples will be requested.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and InDesign (or other desktop publishing software).
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for more than 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed