The Regional Clinical Specialist is responsible for promoting and supporting business results through the execution of current ConvaTec business strategies and promoting high level customer relationships via clinical support/education for the sales and marketing teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination with Sales & Marketing of clinical education programs and product education inclusive of clinical study/paper reviews.
- Drive revenue in top regional accounts through clinical relationships and expertise.
- Provide assigned region and training utilizing clinical subject matter expertise to partner with sales training giving input, guidance and deliver training to sales team.
- Provide assigned region and marketing department with clinical subject matter expertise to guide marketing messaging and clinical objection handling.
- Act as a subject matter expert, providing ongoing clinical input and leadership to field sales and marketing as an input into strategy, marketing messaging, collateral and training.
- Partner with clinical leads at strategic large accounts within the region, such as GPOs and IDNs to deliver broader impact across the region.
- Educate and support customers at all levels and in key strategic accounts including clinicians, (nurses, administrators, purchasing, physicians), patients, caregivers and product end users.
- Assist with the development of clinical case studies and clinical customers interested in developing posters, white papers and journal articles as directed.
- Partner with Marketing to develop and conduct clinical marketing events prioritized by Leadership.
- Demonstrate an expert level of knowledge of the entire WSC/CCC product line (along with a working knowledge of other business unit product lines) and will continue to build on that knowledge to support the sales and marketing team to provide clinical support & clinical evaluation of products at the customer level.
- On-going knowledge of market activity and competitive products and programs is essential.
- Guides and drives clinical and product education through an advisory role to our customers (both internal and external) & employees regarding ConvaTec formularies, protocol, policies and procedures. (This includes assisting marketing with development and implementation of internal and external product education programs).
- Provide in-servicing and related activities to educate customers on product performance.
- Partner with Marketing to create & develop innovative ways to educate customers i.e. live video streaming, providing certifications to drive engagement, etc.
- Effectively drives clinical projects from start to completion while utilizing project management skills to reach strategic objectives.
- Provides clinical support with national organizations.
- Internal - sales team, marketing, clinical affairs and sales training.
- External – clinicians, nurses, administrators, purchasing, physicians, patients, caregivers. product end users, National Accounts & GPOs.
- Travel is required for this position and equates to approximately 60-70% of the individual's time. Persons applying for this position should reside within the geography of the area that the position is supporting.
Language Skills Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or Nursing degree is required
- WOCN, CWS, or WCC certification highly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience
- 2+ years of sales and business (or equivalent) experience is preferred, along with cross-functional experiences in working with marketing and sales.
- Previous sales experience is desired.
- Must be able to communicate & present product and product related clinical. information and evidence based opinions clearly and concisely.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Cross-functional experiences in working with teams and/or leading and supporting wound or ostomy support groups.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others through action is critical in this role.
- Project management skills to effectively drive projects from start to completion required.
- Maintenance of RN license and related certification (WOCN, WCC, CWS) will demonstrate competency.
- Displays a strong customer understanding and can anticipate true customer needs.
- Competent in Microsoft programs including MS Office.
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation, motivational interviewing / coaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Public speaking experience preferred.
- Published in peer review publications preferred.
- Regionally or nationally recognized preferred.
- Exhibits the ConvaTec's values and Behaviors
- Incumbent will spend a significant amount of time traveling
- May have to work evenings & weekends.