New Britain, CT
5 - 7 years
Posted 184 days ago
Under the direction of the Regional Director for Behavioral Health and in conjunction with the Regional Business Manager, the Regional Clinical Manager oversees day-to-day clinical operations and services including program management, program development, and budgeting. Supervises all outpatient behavioral health clinical staff. Implements policies and procedures to ensure high quality of patient care, compliance with rules/guidelines from external review entities, including JCAHO, DMHAS, DPH, and others.
• Provide managerial and administrative oversight of day-to-day operations for outpatient behavioral health services. Supports the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Hospital and Hartford Healthcare.
• Directs and supervises clinical outpatient programs and staff. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
• Demonstrates supportive behaviors in communicating administrative decisions and/or implementing change at the department level. Utilizes communications skills to promote effective working relationships and teamwork among unit personnel on all shifts and between departments.
• Works with Regional Director, Chief of Psychiatry, and Regional Business Manager to develop new programs, policies, budgets, staffing patterns, etc. Assists in development of program goals, including productivity, service volume, etc.
• Develop systemic financial systems for budgeting and revenue generation. Ensure that services are provided in a cost effective and productive manner. Liaison with other departments, external agencies and managed care/third party payors.
• Assists in recruitment, hiring, and training of staff and insures staffing levels are maintained.
• Interfaces with various hospital departments around billing, information management, quality improvement, policies, procedures and general operations.
• Responsible for Quality Improvement and Quality Assurance, including JCAHO and DPH compliance, as well as other regulatory and accreditation body compliance.
• Collaborates with other managers within the organization to insure uniform policies, procedures, record keeping, and clinical outcomes.
• Actively markets program services to external referral sources, other Hospital departments, and the public. Provides clinical services as required. Serves as role model for clinicians regarding clinical quality, documentation standards, caseload management, clinical outcomes, and overall clinical performance.
• Assists in performance improvement activities.
• May perform other duties as assigned.