Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in the Central to East U.S., you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable to ensure delivery of OptumHealth solutions and effective product and service expansion to increase revenue potential for assigned region across UnitedHealthcare large employer clients (commercial employer groups with 3,000+ lives)
- Identify, support and coordinate upsell opportunities with existing UnitedHealthcare large employer clients spanning OptumHealth capabilities for assigned region throughout the entire sales life cycle, acting as liaison with internal and external parties as required/requested, negotiating and influencing achievement of goals
- Coordinate and influence superior service to clients by establishing collaborative relationships with intercompany and internal stakeholders across a highly matrixed environment
- Monitor client satisfaction and manage key deliverables to enhance client engagement and loyalty for assigned region
- Establish and maintain strong and appropriate level working relationships with clients, consultants, channel partners and constituents
- Monitor and enhance performance of OptumHealth solutions for clients to ensure return on investment, mutual growth/success and to monitor client financial performance including renewal planning, negotiation and profitability levels
- Build knowledge of OptumHealth capabilities and maintain high level of healthcare industry knowledge, including the client's industry dynamics, to advise on client's needs
- Ability to work independently as a strong team player with minimal supervision in a high paced, high intensity environment
- Communicate and present effectively at multiple audiences and levels (listening, written and verbal communication)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Successful track record of managing client relationships and upselling OptumHealth or similar health and wellness capabilities in the Employer market
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales or account management experience
- Minimum 5+ years of proven experience and expertise in the health insurance, health care, or related industry
- Ability to effectively lead or directly contribute to the sales process and work cooperatively with extended client team to achieve sales goals
- Advanced consultative skills with the ability to successfully construct solutions that achieve client objectives
- Experience to effectively message, position and present information for client impact and influence
- Experience in negotiation, influencing, collaboration, and listening skills
- Ability to travel up to 25-30% of time
- Ability to obtain sales insurance license and be maintained as required by state law
- Degree or equivalent work experience required
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Established relationships with UnitedHealthcare National Markets client team, external consultants and channel partners
- Direct experience achieving sales quotas and retention targets
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment with a high level of collaboration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and CRM (ex. Salesforce)
- Masters or advanced degree (ex. MBA, MHA) preferred
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:account manager, account executive, client executive, client manager, behavioral health, wellness, HSA, clinical solutions