Here is your opportunity to advance your career with an exceptional company! Esurance is looking for a Regional Claims Manager (Dallas, TX) to join a dynamic and award-winning team of leaders committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say, cooler.
In this position, you will be responsible for the management of the non-injury claims teams of two locations delivering maximum performance, against all key performance indicators and operational efficiencies. Your oversight will include a team of 8 - 10 unit managers, an Assistant Branch Manager and 60+ adjusters handling 19 states.
If you’re a strong people leader, dynamic thinker, innovative idea-maker, and inspired by possibility, then we’d love to have you on the team. And if you’re looking for a career at a tech-savvy and socially conscientious company that offers great benefits — then you may have just found your new home.
Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.
- Manages the reports on claims branch performance against the stated performance and quality standards
- Creates action plans in response to file audits and/or directives
- Works with management staff to ensure proper workflow and process management
- Coordinates activities with the SIU and MD to ensure proper process, direction and training is given to the staff
- Manages and monitors all high-exposure and complex files and works with the litigation management for monitoring
- Ensures best practices are followed and continually seeks improved processes
- Monitors and participates in quality control and reviews
- Manages expenses to plan and allocated loss adjustment expense
- Participates in the establishment of department goals and for implementing procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals; Manages, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the activities of department staff directly or through subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for the employment, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling, and discipline of assigned associates.
- Comfortable with traveling 25% - 30%
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational management skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and claims related software programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of claims handling process.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education required
- Five years automobile property & casualty claims management experience with three people management required
At Esurance being committed to our employees is not just something we say it’s something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, as well as balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. And that’s not the only way we show our commitment to our employees; it’s evident in our dedication to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, etc.)
- Flexible spending accounts (dependent, health, and transit)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Referral bonus
- Employee assistance program
- Charitable gift matching program