Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Named a Glassdoor "Best Places to Work" three years in row, we couldn't be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life's special occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Executes programs designed to maximize the sale and distribution of Gallo brands, both directly with top on premise/hotel chain accounts and through distributor organizations. Develops and manages branded business opportunities for key catering accounts by implementing direct account management functions.
- Promotes positive relationships across the winery and distributor sales organizations.
- Presents and coordinates Gallo programs and promotions to distributor sales organizations.
- Partners with winery and distributor sales reps to make sales calls on key accounts.
- Develops and manages branded business at on-premise regional chains and for the Top national hotel chains.
- Manages all level of contacts within organizations to include Unit, Division, Region, Field Managers as well as Principals, Sr. Management, Training and Purchasing at chain HQ level.
- Communicates all program elements within the chain account organizational structure and throughout the winery and distributor sales organizations through the utilization of the EJG Catering toolbox.
- Analyzes market and sales data/trends to identify business opportunities to drive profitable growth of Gallo brands in assigned accounts and contacts.
- Develops and manages business planning (by category, brand, flavor, etc.) for assigned accounts and contacts.
- Conducts sales training for the winery and distributor sales force and customer waitstaff, to include wine education.
- Coordinates activities with other Winery support areas within the market (TD, SMAS, etc.).
- Coordinates and participates as a spokesperson for Gallo Fine Wine brands in key wine functions and special events (association meetings, festivals and high profile tastings) within the assigned sub channels.
- Manages all forecasting and budgeting processes related to assigned accounts.
- Controls personal business expenses.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of winery or distributor sales management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility -OR- Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of FMCG sales management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Valid driver’s license. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to travel by airplane and automobile to perform job duties.
- Required to obtain Liquor License as required by state/locality and to be of legal drinking age.
- Required to see, smell and taste wine as part of wine education/training.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree plus 7 years of winery or distributor sales management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience selling the Gallo portfolio to on premise accounts.
- Skilled in reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Skilled in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office at a basic level.
- Knowledge of SMIS Data Warehouse, JDE, IRI, Nielson, and Spectra software.
- Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Skilled in applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Skilled in interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.