Lutheran Health Network (LHN) is a taxpaying, integrated healthcare delivery system and one of the largest employers in the region. The foundation of Lutheran Health Network is an experienced team of more than 7,000 employees working together with the more than 800 physicians who make up its medical staffs. The network's more than 100 access points in northern Indiana include physician offices, urgent care clinics, outpatient centers and eight hospitals consisting of 973 licensed beds - 797 in Allen County alone.
Lutheran Health Network continues to provide patients with extensive access to specialized services through its hospitals, patient care centers and physician practices. The strength of LHN allows it to recruit highly skilled physicians, innovate with the newest technology and participate in clinical research. These attributes enable LHN to sustain and grow its spectrum of services, and most importantly, deliver the highest levels of choice, support, care and patient experience that have long been its hallmark.
As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the Regional Chief Financial Officer (RCFO) will participate in the financial and functional decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital.
Responsibilities of the Regional CFO include, but are not limited to:
- Overall financial operations of the acute-care facility including accounting, budgetary, audits, tax and other financial planning activities within the hospital organization; including management of respective department heads
- Working with system management to develop and implement policies and procedures, short- and long-range goals, objectives and plans.
- Providing financial leadership to hospital managers, directors and officers that will enroll support, create ownership of goals, and encourage active participate in decisions that impact the hospital
- Ensuring the hospital meets necessary financial regulatory and compliance requirements
- Contributing financial expertise in the planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Executive Officer and Chief Nursing Officer
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Representing the hospital at meetings including medical staff, hospital board of director meetings as well as relevant community meetings as needed
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
The Regional CFO reports directly to Regional CEO.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution. (Master's degree preferred).
- Previous CFO level or equivalent experience within an acute care environment required.
- Previous experience with a proprietary healthcare system highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years financial/accounting progressive managerial experience in acute-care environment
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff and community
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters