The Cardiovascular Account Directors will report into the National Cardiovascular Account Lead. Their primary responsibility is to lead a team of approximately ten highly skilled Cardiovascular Account Managers, whose responsibility is to assess and diagnose the current business environment in each of their assigned accounts in relation to Amgen Cardiovascular products and plan/execute actions for success in these accounts. The ideal candidate will be able to work internally through the matrix team and externally with key accounts in their assigned geography to achieve short-term and long-term objectives.
- Communicate and coordinate cross-functionally with Field Medical Directors, Regional Account Executives (OCT), and Value Based Partnership Field Directors.
- Collaborate with EDs, RSDs and DMs within the BCBU Red Team as well as other Amgen business units.
- Develop business plans for their geography and implement national sales strategies and programs.
- Track the progress of marketing messages and programs; proactively provides feedback to the CV brand team.
- Provide feedback to highly skilled direct reports on the marketing, allocating, monitoring, and leveraging of internal and external resources (e.g., discretionary spend).
- Manage teams to maximize their performance and help achieve/exceed sales and budget targets.
- Screen, interview, and hire candidates.
- Ensure compliance with training.
- Demonstrate the appropriate coaching and counseling to prepare individuals for future development.
- Conduct annual and on-going performance reviews and competency assessments.
- Communicate and coordinate with both district and cross-functional teams (e.g., Marketing, Finance, and other Business Units)
- Share best practices with direct reports and peers.
- Coordinate and/or participate in cluster teams.
- Conduct sales meetings to guide teams.
- Develop local Opinion Leader relationships to achieve aligned objectives.
Doctorate degree & 4 years of sales experience
Master’s degree & 8 years of sales experience
Bachelor’s degree or & 10 years of sales experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- More than 8 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical sector (biologics, buy & bill model)
- More than 6 years of managerial experience with a focus on customer-facing teams
- Advanced degree (e.g. MPH, MBA, PharmD, etc.) 7+ years of healthcare sales and/or marketing experience or related experience in buying processes and decision making
- Significant experience with payer or integrated health systems and key account management; previous responsibility for a portfolio of products
- Deep knowledge of reimbursement environment and trends within the US healthcare market
- Strong leadership skills, with experience leading cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to build field-based teams
- Ability to recruit candidates that meet the minimum job criteria; interviews and hire account managers who are capable and committed to fulfilling the job requirements
- Ability to consistently and objectively recognize and promote success behaviors, as well as diagnose and change unsatisfactory behaviors through effective coaching
- Demonstrates knowledge of local payor coverage; ability to understand and articulate clinical concepts, data, and conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to utilize clinical information to effectively address customer questions and objections
- Experience working with Medical teams such as medical science liaisons, medical platform development, or health outcomes & pharmacoeconomics evidence is beneficial
- Understands how to engage and mobilize diverse groups to take appropriate action in support of specific business issues, and to support building new capabilities at Amgen; inclusive of influence skills
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to convey in a clear and compelling manner important messages to different parties with different interests.
- Experience ensuring teams execute and deliver quality work within timelines
- Deep knowledge & experience in Cardiology, including dyslipidemia, heart failure and acute coronary syndromes, highly preferred
- Setting appropriate short term and long-term objectives
Job ID: R-75256