OVERVIEW:The Regional Capital Manager is responsible for RTG’s Navigation, Imaging and Robotic sales activity and account strategies within assigned Region. Responsibilities include expert-level clinical knowledge of spine anatomy, the ability to build a team of advocates within each hospital, strong solution selling skills and the ability to insure sales objectives are met on a consistent basis. The Regional Capital Managers are expected to provide an extraordinary degree of information gathering and presenting to buying teams throughout the capital equipment purchasing process.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the complex sales process of into new hospitals and additional System sales within existing hospitals
- Build clinical and administrative support through technical presentations, executive meetings, marketing events, laboratory sessions and System test drives.
- Identify key institutions, generate market awareness and drive sales within an assigned sales territory.
- Effectively manage transition of initial sale and installation to the clinical sales team to drive procedural volume and rapid adoption.
- Extensive travel.
- Achieve quarterly sales targets.
- Work with the Director Capital Sales to develop a quarterly/yearly sales plan...
- Build surgical advocacy teams at each hospital.
- Develop initial contact and relationship with CEO and senior hospital administrators.
- Organize and manage the sales process.
- Develop expert level knowledge of primary spine/neuro procedures.
- Ability to articulate the hospital, surgeon and patient value propositions.
- Ability to articulate the ROI program at an executive level
- Resolve contractual issues and coordinate system installation upon purchase approval.
- Handle all communications and administrative follow-up.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilityrequired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of sales experience with 3 of those 5 years in medical sales; or
- Bachelor's Degree plus 3 years of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist experience
- Ortho, Spine or O.R. experiencepreferred.