· Accomplishes regional sales objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching and disciplining sales personnel in assigned districts and direct reports; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
· Achieves regional sales objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and marketing reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing quality and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements and implementing change.
· Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts and direct sales personnel in support of national objectives.
· Maintains and expands customer base by counseling district sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
· Provides semi-annual performance reviews and a developmental plan for each direct report, to include written PMP goals with quarterly reviews.
· Collects relevant competitors' market information to increase sales volume and market share. May recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
· Generate an accurate monthly and quarterly instrument and reagent forecast based on current trends and analysis.
· BA/BS or Advanced degree in Business, Technical, or Science discipline
· A proven track record of 10+ years of field based sales management or and/or 7 or more years directly related sales experience with exceptional sales record
· Experience and knowledge of the regulations and standards affecting the IVD market is preferable.
· High level computer skills and above average working knowledge of Windows, Apple OS software or equivalent. (Including MS Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and iPad software)
· An ability to lead and influence people utilizing strategic thinking, coaching and developing
· Willingness to travel up to >60% (Min 3 days per week in the field with sales reps and/or regional personnel)
Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from customers and/or internal personnel and requiring coordination with other departments.