Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 100 programs and over 3,500 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Employment Status: Full Time
Shift: 8am - 4:30pm
Days: Monday - Friday
***This position will provide coverage for the counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, and San Mateo. This role will be housed at one of our facilities in the coverage region.***
The Regional Business Office Manager (RBOM) directly supervises the Program Business Office Managers, who also have an indirect reporting relationship to the Program Administrator. The RBOM ensures programs receive high-quality performance of business office functions. The RBOM provides support and training of program business office personnel. The RBOM is responsible for training, oversight, and monitoring of financial policy and procedure compliance in all assigned programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least one academic year of accounting units – required.
- Six (6) years of related (Business Office Management) experience, three (3) of which were spent in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in the medical industry (experience with Representative Payee accounts highly desired).
- The ability to function independently, to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals and to maintain the confidentiality of materials and information.
- Demonstrated organizational, time and project management skills; Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with minimum supervision
- There will be travel throughout the region in order to perform required duties (Region currently includes the counties of Alameda, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz)
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
- Experience in the health care field
- Medical Office Management
- Working knowledge of Social Security, Medicaid and other government assistance programs, billing & reimbursement procedures, timekeeping and payroll procedures, and a broad knowledge of standard office procedures
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for the financial functions of the Business Offices in the assigned region
- Directs planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of various Business Offices in the assigned region in accordance with Corporate and Program policies
- Provides training to all new Business Office staff within the assigned Region
- Provides training on fiscal policies and procedures to Program Administrators within assigned Region
- Ensures performance of time-sensitive job duties (e.g. banking, payroll and Rep Payee) of the Business Office Managers during absences or vacancies
- Assists in the formulation of Corporate fiscal policies and procedures and regularly monitors compliance with the programs
- Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned to employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality improvement
- Provides coaching and development planning to assigned staff to allow for achievement of their professional goals
- Reviews and analyzes corporate and program fiscal policies and procedures and makes recommendations for revisions and methods to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Establishes staffing requirements and assignments
- Establishes and maintains the job specifications and descriptions for assigned staff
- Hires, orients, and trains new and existing staff
- Provides direction and policy interpretation to program staff on financial and administrative matters
- Ensures dissemination and implementation of policy and procedural changes within the programs in the assigned region
- Ensures that financial policies and procedures are followed at the programs
- Coordinates the efforts of assigned staff, promotes the cost-effective use of personnel, supplies, and equipment
- Manages assigned staff within allocated budgetary parameters and provides input into the development of the fiscal budget of the regional finance department
- Oversees business office operations, including sufficient auditing and review to ensure compliance with Telecare policies and procedures
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Bachelors or better.