The Regional Business Manager (RBM) have the necessary skills, contacts, and experience to independently find, target, qualify, sell and support the entire range of ViewSonic products to enterprise and end user accounts. The RBM will complement ViewSonic’s brand reputation by building trust and earning the respect of end users and resellers, as the trustworthy, reliable and responsive sales professional they would prefer to partner with. This position involves the ownership of a region in which business strategies and tactical execution are driven by the RBM as the primary stake holder.
- Make sales calls end users, enterprise accounts, and prospective customers within assigned region to drive increased revenue and build relationships.
- Conduct training events with resellers to assure knowledge and mind share of ViewSonic products, programs and services.
- Develop 6 month marketing plans for all appropriate end user, and/or enterprise accounts, to Channel Marketing Manager as instructed for approval.
- Provide monthly rolling forecast for all assigned accounts.
- Maintain and submit a monthly pipeline report of all large opportunities identified above and beyond normal run rate business utilizing Salesforce.com.
- Consistently provides competitive updates on products, promotions, pricing and services to market research and sales management.
- Assist in local, regional and national trade show and other marketing activities as requested.
- Identify top end user accounts in assigned region and set forth a strategy to become the standard brand.
- Build and maintain a database of contacts and associated profiles including, but not limited to; main contacts, major projects, current standards, overall opportunity in units and dollars, potential marketing needs and associated costs through salesforce.com
- Develop and utilize internal, external partnerships to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- Through personal initiative, understand and share new technology information to peers, managers and product managers.
- Remain focused to costs minimizing travel and other expenses where possible yet provide excellent support and visibility to the customer base within the territory.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years in sales with resellers and/or the Fortune 1000 community or equivalent experience in the designated region.
- Must have a working knowledge of how to prospect, sell and support products within target accounts.
- Strong communications skills and a confident training style.
- Possess a mature demeanor, ambitious self-starter, with the ability to operate effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a high level of energy with demonstrated ability to make a high volume of sales calls, managing high volume of accounts and maintain a continuing fast pace.
- Excellent time management and a demonstrated ability to maintain accurate, detailed records are required.
- Have demonstrated the ability to promote consistent quarterly revenue growth in the region and drive market share upward.
- Accustomed to business travels, familiar with managing travel schedules, expenses, etc…
- Manufacturing experience is helpful but not necessary.
- Environment: As this is a field sales position, the environment is usually on the road visiting customers and prospects. Home office is the standard office environment.
- Physical Effort: Work requires frequent physical demands in terms of maintaining a continuous and rigorous pace and extensive travel.
- Hazards: Negligible, little or no exposure to hazards.