This position reports to the Manager, Member Engagement and has significant contact with existing Members/Customers. Responsible for creating and managing relationships and maintaining a high level of interaction and communication with existing Members. Responsible for the development and engagement of Member/Customer Relationship activities in assigned territory for both traditional and non-traditional markets.
- Develops and maintains strong, professional relationships with all existing Members/Customers
- Regularly visit Members/Customer sites in assigned territory
- Actively engages existing Members/Customers to ensure satisfaction and timely resolution of issues
- Assists in the development of NISC's Sales and Marketing plans and programs and responsible to effectively execute such plans in keeping withNISC's Shared Values and in alignment with our strategic sales and growth goals
- Maintains accurate records of all member interactions, proposals and current negotiations, utilizing SalesForce.com
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the NISC solutions and services we provide to Members/Customers
- Updates appropriate databases including SalesForce.com with current Members/Customers regarding organizational profile, product and services utilization, satisfaction levels, etc.
- Attends conferences and trade shows as appropriate to promote NISC's solutions to current and prospective Members/Customers
- Participates as appropriate in industry association forums, councils, and conferences
- Proactively reviews the Member's use of NISC's solutions and related satisfaction and seeks to remedy issues and problems by providing supportor training
- Provides information and solutions to Members to facilitate their full utilization and optimization of the NISC products and services purchased
- Monitors change requests for all assigned Members and coordinates appropriate prioritization that will maximize NISC's responsiveness toMembers
- Assesses the Member's need for additional training and coordinates resources
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Job Experience:
- Generally, requires 10+ years of account management, product sales and/or support experience either at NISC or similar related experience
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills
- Ability to establish credibility and project an executive presence to interact effectively with current and prospective Members/Customers and industry representatives at all levels of their organization
- Strong knowledge of rural electric cooperative and municipal utility industry, rural broadband industry and related current events and trends
- Ability to understand the dynamics and issues related to the life cycle of a Member's IT solution and effectively counsel them on potential opportunities for improvement.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to identify and effectively resolve key issues with clients
- Knowledge of the industry IT standards, terminology, and typical work processes
- Project management skills
- Possess excellent writing, editing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Possess superior presentation skills to audiences of all sizes
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism and ethical behavior
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position
- Experience with SalesForce.com
- Bachelors degree in IT, CIS, marketing, business management or equivalent experience.