Job Description Summary
The RBMreports directly to the Area Sales VP and isresponsible for managing and directing a sales team of sales representatives consisting of DiagnosticAccount Executives, Manual Micro Specialists, and MolecularSales Specialist to achieve thefinancial and business objectives of the region. As a Sales Leader, the RBM has full accountability for driving marketshare growth for the entire DSportfolio and maximizing the sales growth in the assigned region. Sales growth will be achieved through protecting base business while simultaneously growing through competitiveshared. This individual isresponsiblefor implementing business strategies, directing and monitoring the daily sales activities of the team, and ensuring customer satisfaction relative to sales activities
Regional Business Manager - BD Diagnostic Systems -- Los Angeles, CA (Southern CA/Arizona/New Mexico)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and implement business strategies through a regional sales team to achieve the revenue, profitability, and placement objectives for assigned instrumentation and reagent product lines.
- Promote an Inclusive Work Environment - Respect and value the diversity among the team and leverage differences to enhance the regional performance and working environment.
- Recruit, train, develop, and coach a regional team of Diagnostic Account Executives, Manual Micro Specialists and Molecular Sales Specialist.
- Promote the ongoing development of his /her sales team and to identify, develop and export talent.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts of product sales by unit and revenue for the region. Coordinate and direct territory targeting and planning efforts.
- Ensure consistent implementation of key sales management processes such as: Sales Funnel Management-BD2; Sales Call Reporting and CRM (MSO) management
- Insure compliance of sales call reporting and customer information management at the territory level.
- Engage in joint sales calls with assigned sales specialist to coach and improve the sales skills; accelerate the sales cycle and overall performance of the sales territory.
- Collaborate with Strategic Consulting Group (SCG’s), Lab Automation team, and National Account Managers (NAMs) to drive conversion and compliance of local accounts affiliated with national and large regional accounts and or regional accounts. Engages SCG’s in regional priority activities and targeted customer accounts within BDX’s identified Top 125 accounts.
- Provide sales mentoring and training of “best practices” associated with technical product knowledge, competitive positioning, demonstration skills and value selling.
- Take ownership and drive special projects related to sales or training as directed by Area VP’s, or US VP of Sales and GM/VP U.S. Sales.
- Manage regional expenses within budgeted/forecasted guidelines.
- Key Opinion Leader development within the region.
- Provide feedback to marketing team on commercial marketing activities to include competitive intelligence and voice of customer.
- Effectively communicate competitive and market information on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four year college or university
- Minimum of 3 years previous sales management experience, or relevant demonstrated leadership experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of a combination of clinical market sales, financial or technical selling experience; Capital equipment experience selling experiencepreferred.
- Experience attaining or exceeding overall sales plan profitability, as well as, other assigned goals and objectives.
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of medical sales experience.
- Previous experience in medical capital equipment sales.
- Previous experience related to Clinical Instrumented Labs sales.
- Experience working in a team selling environment or on cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated Leadership capability in lieu of direct managerial experience.
- Previous Team management and/ or equivalent experience.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability work with and develop relationships at the C-Suite level
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal savvy to work all levels in the organization, to include but is not limited to, internal resources / teams
- Demonstrated successful capital management knowledge and experience; includes demonstrated ability to develop and implement customer sales strategies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within team settings
- Building Organizational Capability: Proficient: Is a good judge of talent; accurately projects what people are likely to do across a variety of situations; hires the best people available from inside or outside; assembles talented teams. Candidate must be able to articulate the strengths and limitations of people. Consistently assembles good, talented teams
- Developing Others: Mastery: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct reports career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes direct reports to accept development moves; will take direct reports who need work; is a people builder. Creates an environment of positive feedback while encouraging others to reach farther and higher while striving to achieve their goals. Creates opportunities for enrichment, as well as development programs for others, and motivates them to participate
- Team Leadership: Proficient: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his /her team; shares wins and success; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team. Builds cohesive teams of people within the organization, valuing team spirit. Shares wins and successes such that each team member feels valuable and appreciated
- Driving for Results: Mastery: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results. Anticipates obstacles and is prepared with contingency plans so as not to impede the drive to the goal; keeps everyone on track. This candidate is the go-to person for both action and strategic planning of complex and tough assignments
- Holding Others Accountable: Proficient: Cleary assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress and results; designs feedback loops into work. Candidate sets quantitative and qualitative measures that are tied to goals and objectives. Regularly interacts with others to give and receive feedback on a timely basis.
- Business Acumen: Proficient: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems or any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take action when necessary. This candidate will deal head-on with people problems and uncomfortable situations.
- Communication and Negotiation Skills: Proficient: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing. Adeptly understands motivations of counterparts, and incorporates knowledge into negotiations. A gain trust quickly of other participants during negotiations and is a good communicator.Shape the Future Business- focuses on understanding the business and marketplace, and planning for the future. It involves being strategic in our planning, identifying opportunities that will help shape the business, and having the right systems and processes in place. This cluster includes Build Organizational Capability, Business Acumen, Initiative, Organizational Awareness and Strategic Planning.
- Align People for High Performance- focuses on building and leading high performing teams. It involves leading and developing others, working collaboratively, and ensuring we are aligned and working toward common goals. This cluster includes Collaboration, Develop Others, Hold Others Accountable, and Team Leadership.
- Execute for Success- focuses on delivering results and achieving the desired outcomes. It involves having the knowledge and savvy to drive the business forward and striving to achieve challenging goals while meeting customer needs and gaining their buy-in to our ideas and solutions. This cluster includes Build Relationships, Communication, Demonstrate Customer Centricity, Drive for Results, and Influence Others.
Job ID R-325870