The Regional Business Director (RBD) position leads and develops a region of Area Sales Managers (ASM) & Area Clinical Mangers (ACM) which are responsible for revenue generation and changing clinical practice with customers. The RBD builds and trains the team and develops a strategic sales plan to grow Vapotherm business. Focus will be on achieving revenue plans and strong performance management. The Regional Business Manager will develop markets as well as build and maintain relationships with key customers.
This position reports to the Area Vice President. The Regional Business Director will collaborate and work with members of the corporate team including, Marketing, Clinical, Customer Service, Engineering and Senior Management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hire, coach, develop and retain Area Sales Managers (ASMs) & Area Clinical Managers (ACMs) in the assignedgeographical area.
- Plan and direct sales and clinical team activities within region to achieve established sales targets.
- Develops and initiate strategies for supporting and expanding existing and potential customers.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of sales and clinical team to deliver on company sales goals.
- Develops and maintain relationships with key accounts and customers that support clinical programs, market development and sales.
- Identifies opportunities and develops new programs to meet the organization's sales plans to increase market share.
- Drive execution to initiatives like product launches, sales process improvements, product training, and pricing agreements.
- Ensure proper Customer interactions and help to resolve Customer issues.
- Work with Sales & Clinical AVP to establish proper expectations and objectives for team.
- Serve as corporate representative of the Region.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Medical Education in the development of field marketing programs and materials (e.g. Symposiums, CEUs, in-service videos, online training etc.).
- Participate in Field Leadership meetings, planning and calls.
- Reports on needs for new programs and processes and works collaboratively with field support to initiate plans tosupport customers.
- Coach and develop region team on sales strategies and clinical practices to foster achievement of sales goals.
- Organize and/or assign presenters at health care practitioner conferences and symposiums on Vapotherm technology
- Ensure proper Customer interactions and help to resolve Customer issues
- Monitor and report weekly to team and Sales AVP on activities and actual performance to plan objectives.
- Work with Top Accounts in the region and help build relationships with KOL and references for the organization.
- Spend 70% of time quarterly in the field co-traveling with team doing three-day field rides.
- Drive accountability through disciplined execution utilizing SFDC and the Sales Process to drive predictability and consistency in hitting quarterly revenue targets.
- Strategically facilitate the coordination of the sales and clinical teams and ensure the execution of their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Hire, build and lead team: Interview internal and external candidates to build team.
- Build and leverage personal network of contacts to build a bench. Instruct team members to refer top talent.
- Prepare new hires for new hire training.
- Provide post-training assessment within 30 days of training completion.
- Lead field team members on developing territory plans, managing a robust pipeline and achieving sales goals.
- Follow Performance Management Process: Achieve through team by providing goals, objectives and support.
- Continually assess strengths and growth opportunities with sales and clinical team. Plan, organize and lead scheduled team communication (i.e.: regional meetings, conference calls, etc.).
- Use team strength profiles of each team member.
- Achieve Sales Targets and Quotas: Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets. Manage and assist Sales Representatives in achieving targets.
- Plan: Instruct and coach Sales and Clinical Representatives to develop their territory plan. Coach on setting key deliverables.
- Continuously monitor and report on competitive landscape.
- Manage expense budget of region.
- Foster a challenging and motivating atmosphere for team.
- Support team members personal development goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Travel requirement: 50-75%
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of related sales experience with a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Candidate needs a record of building and managing sales territories and teams, managing costs, managing and exceeding sales forecasting and increasing revenue.
- Must be proven in working in a fast paced, start-up environment.