Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases, oncology, immunology and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Sanofi Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine.
Sanofi, an integrated global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, and emerging markets.
Regional Business Director, Asthma LAUNCH OPPORTUNITY
In this field based, Regional Business Director role, you will be responsible for successfully leading between 9 and 11 person sales team, promoting a new therapy in Asthma, Dupixent (Dupilumab). Within a highly competitive marketplace, you will be called upon to successfully lead and motivate your team to execute the national sales strategy, supporting the initiatives set forth in the launch plan.
- Coach, train, develop, and lead an accomplished team of Specialty Sales Representatives (Area Business Managers).
- Responsible for the oversight of all aspects of sales, managed markets pull through, local speaker/thought leader development, promotional programming, and budget management for your region.
- Develop regional business plans based on national sales goals, expectations and available resources, including Regional and Territory strategies and tactics, as well as resource allocation.
- Be an expert in the clinical data, which affects current product promotion, disease state and market trends.
- Spend the majority of your time in the field with Specialty Sales Representatives in order to support individual development, as well as provide coaching, direction and feedback.
- Establish positive working relationships with all key customer segments (internal and external).
- Communicate and collaborate with other Regional Sales Directors, Key Accounts field team, brand marketing, payer marketing, managed markets field teams, medical affairs and field teams, senior management and all other departments necessary in order to facilitate achievement of sales objectives
- Partner and collaborate with Regeneron co-promote partner.
- ~60% travel
- BA/BS DegreeRequired, preferably in life science or business. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- 5-7+ years pharmaceutical/biotechsalesexperience, including specialty sales, with demonstrated successful sales results
- Minimum of 3-5 years Field Management experience or equivalent leadership experience, with documented sales achievements, strongly preferred
- Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs as necessary - additional travel may be required within the assigned territory
- Valid driver's license
- Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned territory.
- Asthma and/or biologics experience strongly preferred
- Strong collaboration and/or co-promote experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of the reimbursement landscape and expertise with Managed Markets pull-through highly desirable
- Sales launch experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated Leadership Experience
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge
- Team Oriented
- Excellent general business manager
- Creative problem solver.
- Solution oriented
Primary Location: United States-US Remote
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.