8 - 10 years
Posted 178 days ago
Ipsen is a dynamic and growing global specialty-driven biopharmaceutical company focused on innovation and specialty care, and with a rich heritage in consumer healthcare.
We aim to make a sustainable difference by significantly improving patients? health and quality of life and providing them with effective therapeutic solutions for unmet medical needs through differentiated and innovative medicines in oncology, neurosciences and rare diseases.
The patient is at the heart of everything we do, and we also care for our employees because they are the ambassadors who truly make the difference. We attract and develop bold, agile, entrepreneurial individuals who take full ownership of their decisions; leaders drawn by a purpose to make a direct impact through their work in people?s lives.
We offer employees a wealth of fulfilling challenges & growth opportunities, and the chance to contribute within a fast-moving organisation, an organisation that is genuinely game-changing.
The Oncology Regional Business Director (RBD) will help build Ipsen?s Oncology sales organization and will be responsible for leading his/her Great Lakes Region to meet or exceed all assigned goals while maintaining compliance with Ipsen?s Policies that govern field sales activity. The Oncology RBD will manage his/her Oncology Sales Representatives and report to the National Sales Director. The Oncology RBD will be accountable for building the business and market for Ipsen?s Oncology portfolio of products in his/her area over time.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Lead Region?s sales force activities including: recruiting, hiring, training, development, performance evaluation, and compliance to Ipsen?s corporate policies
2. Responsible for meeting or exceeding the Region?s assigned sales targets and aligning field activities to the strategic initiatives of the brand
3. Accountable for analyzing the Region?s business and building short and long term business plans that meet/exceed sales goals and drive sales growth
4. Responsible for setting clear expectations and evaluating compliance to Ipsen?s Regulatory Standards and Promotional Policies for all members in his/her Region
5. Coaching sales representatives in line with Ipsen?s sales model to drive sustained improvement in core sales competencies; this to include product as well as reimbursement/fulfillment skills sets
6. Partner with members of the Value & Access team and Product Reimbursement Managers to develop appropriate business strategies that drive access to the brand and support the brand objectives
7. Partner withSales Operations to affect the data input and analysis of physician and other customer profile information to ensure appropriate resources are deployed within the district
8. Responsible for allocating and managing district budget.
9. Build and sustain relationships with the Region?s Key Opinion Leaders
10. Establish and develop cross-functional partnerships and appropriately leverage Ipsen?s resources to achieve the Region?s business objectives
11. Set clear expectations for utilization of approved promotional programs
12. Communicate competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management
Core Competencies / Knowledge & Skill Requirements
The Oncology RBD will have between 8-10 Oncology Sales Representatives as direct reports. Supervisory responsibility includes, but is not limited to recruiting and hiring talented sales staff and managing effective performance, by providing feedback, coaching and development opportunities. This position also requires proactive performance management. This position is also a very important member of the Ipsen Sales management team. The candidate will need to demonstrate appropriate leadership, communication and strategic skills, commensurate with a Director level position.
Skills & Requirements
Education, Experience & Training Required
? B.S./B.A. (advanced degree a plus)
? Minimum of 8years salesexperience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
? Minimum of 3years of sales leadership experience in the Oncology therapeutic area
? Demonstration of strong leadership skills and a track record of delivering exceptional business results
? Proven ability to recruit, hire and retain top Oncology sales talent
? Demonstration of superior coaching skills that drive improvements in sales behaviors and staff development
? Documented experience and success in launching Oncology products
? Extensive knowledge of the payer landscape in the assigned Region and the factors that drive access and product pull through
?Experience with injectable Oncology medications and both the buy and bill and specialty pharmacy fulfillment pathways
? Possess superior presentation, organization, administrative and communication skills
? Project professional and polished impression
? Model only the highest level of professional behavior and ethics and live the Ipsen Values daily
? Familiar with trade relations, reimbursement environment, government programs, managed care, formulary and contract negotiation.
? Demonstrated understanding of oncology therapeutic area, products and marketplace.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
? Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Maintain composure and diplomacy when working under pressure, deadlines, and tenuous or ambiguous circumstances.
? Ability to tactfully handle various situations and make decisions in a professional and unbiased manner.
List entities not specific names for example: vendors, FDA
-Internal ? business partners; HR, Sales Operations, Marketing, Value and Access, Medical
-External ? Hem/Oncs, Nurses, Office Practice Managers, GPOs, Hospitals, Pharmacy, payers
Essential Functions ? Physical Position Requirements: Machines and/or Equipment Used
-PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
-Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.)
-Ability to work on a computer up to 7 hours a day.
-Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
-Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
-Close vision required for computer usage.
-Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 25 pounds.
Field based positions require the ability to make customer calls.
Travel up to 50%.
Standard office environment without unpleasant or hazardous conditions.
Work entails typical physical demands involved in office work.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks, and drug testing as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.