Regional Business Director (National)
- Field Based Commercial Full Time 504925
Apply Share Employee Referral
Array BioPharma is seeking to recruit and hire a Regional Business Director. This is a national posting and the geography has yet to be determined. If you have interest in becoming an Array Rock Star, please apply.
Array BioPharma is a biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Boulder, Colorado that is focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of targeted small molecule drugs to treat patients afflicted with cancer. Array recently received approval and launched BRAFTOVI (encorafenib) and MEKTOVI (binimetinib) for the treatment of patients with BRAF mutated melanoma. These products have also been granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation by the FDA for BRAF mutated CRC. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of our growing Commercial team at Array. The Regional Business Directors play an integral role in our commercial organization.
The Regional Business Director (RBD) will report directly to the VP of Sales. The RBD is responsible for the supervision and leadership of Oncology Specialists within the assignedgeography, sales performance at a regional level, business knowledge of the local landscape toassess key stakeholders, and to monitor and track future trends within the marketplace.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Provide inspirational leadership and strategic direction to sales specialists in order toexceed your performance objectives.
- Responsible for supervising operations of the region including: hiring, coaching, professional development, performance management, resource utilization, administration, and the assignment of key "priority" accounts within the medical community.
- Develops and implements territory plans that properly identify and prioritize activities to accomplish short- and long-term business plan goals.
- Support the national brand plan and corporate strategies.
- Establish and maintain an effective communications system among all members of the regional team.
- Maintain required technical expertise in order to respond accurately to all questions regarding products, policies, and business-related issues from customers and representatives.
- Demonstrates clear and thorough understanding of disease states, products and relevant competitor products, including their mechanisms of action, indications, efficacy, safety, etc.
- Works in the field with all members of region to coach and counsel on improvement of selling skills, product knowledge, business landscape, and capabilities needed for successful representative development.
- Effectively plan and execute business meetings (quarterly business meetings, 1:1's, national sales meetings) with members of the regional teams.
- Coordinates with Market Access team in areas of formulary coverage, reimbursement access and patient support, and key account team management to ensure appropriate product pull through.
- Interaction and partnership with brand marketing team and appropriate interactions withthe Medical Science Liaison team to ensure alignment on strategic opportunities including thought leader development.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal customers on account strategy, plans, and execution.
- Solicit, embrace, and act on feedback from your internal and external stakeholders.
- Exercise sound judgment and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as well as corporate policies in all activities and communications.
- Attend and participate in meetings and conferences as requested.
- Complete ad-hoc projects and responsibilities as requested.
- Fully understand and train regional teams on IC plan components and how to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- BA/BS Degree required. MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Prior experience in a highly competitive Oncology or Rare Disease space is highlyrecommended.
- Previous marketing/sales experience preferred with at least three to five years spent in a position with demonstrated leadership across peer and customer groups in pharma and/or biotech.
- Track record of proven sales success to include national awards, finishing in top 10%, etc..
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities, financial management, as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, IDN's, academic institutions, and GPO affiliated practices.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are also required and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications.
- Proven ability to develop and motivate others, lead through change, and deliver onbusiness imperatives is critical to be successful in this role.
- This position will require 50% or more travel to develop internal and external relationships.
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record, as well as close proximity to a major airport hub is required.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Execute against brand/ business priorities
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Manage multiple and competing priorities
- Develop budget management and resource allocation
- Knowledge of product cluster/ portfolio and disease states
- Drive revenue in assigned geography
- Relationship building, advocate development (external), coordination required with other RBD's, VP, Marketing, etc..
- Account management skills and commitment to professional development
- Build relationships with key account C-suite, practice managers, navigators, key business and medical personal within assigned geography.
We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, company ownership, comprehensive benefits and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic biotech environment.