bout Imprimis Pharmaceuticals
Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: IMMY) is a commercial-stage pharmaceutical company based in San Diego, California. In addition to owning the nation’s leading ophthalmology pharmaceutical compounding business, ImprimisRx, the Company holds large equity positions in Eton Pharmaceuticals, Surface Pharmaceuticals and Melt Pharmaceuticals, companies originally founded as subsidiaries of Imprimis. The Company also owns royalty rights in certain 505(b)(2) drug candidates being developed by Eton, Surface and Melt. For more information about Imprimis, please visit our company website, www.imprimisrx.com.
The Regional Business Director will be responsible for expanding profitable business in an assigned base of new and existing customers. This position will report to the Eastern Director of Sales and will participate as a key member of the commercial team with primary responsibilities that include: closing new business within strategic accounts, customer retention and ensuring portfolio performance achieves defined financial comes. This individual will be ideally based in a location with relatively easy access to the base of assigned customers. The person in this role will have a proven track record of success selling to multiple call points in the Physician Office, Ambulatory Surgery Center and Hospital environments. The position requires to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Implement and execute plans to achieve expansion of sales in a defined base of existing strategic ophthalmic customers and new key targets.
- Appropriate utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Execute cohesive strategies with Marketing, Constant Sales, Customer Care and Inside Sales.
- Effectively manage assigned operating expense budget for travel and customer training.
- Monitor sales performance and adjust strategy as needed to meet competitive conditions.
- Evaluate customer, market and competitor activity and update the organization accordingly.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders within strategic accounts.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Coordinate with and assist the Independent Contract Sales team with closing new business in Strategic Accounts.
- Utilize resources to enhance productivity and provide optimal customer satisfaction.
- Participate in providing detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Actively participate as a key member of the Commercial team to drive success.
- 7-10 years of sales experience, ophthalmic market preferred
- Experience with execution of targeted business plans around priorities and goals.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively in confronting issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and exercise sound business judgment with critical thinking skills and high ethical standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities as needed and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in the use of CRMs and Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including overnight stays.
- Bachelor’s Degree