Regional Business Director - Hematology / Oncology
Sanofi, a global and diversified healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with eight growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, rare diseases, rare blood disorders, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and animal health. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY). Sanofi-Genzyme, a division of Sanofi, is dedicated to making a major positive impact on the lives of people with serious diseases.Summary:
Sanofi Genzyme's Regional Business Director (RBD) will report directly to the Zone Director
and will be responsible for optimizing business performance for the Hematology Franchise Area Business Managers with responsibility for SARCLISA and ELITEK. The individual is expected to possess a high level of product, clinical and customer knowledge, be familiar with protocols and procedures, and possess an entrepreneurial drive and spirit to lead their teams in expanding, growing and owning their business.
The Oncology/Hematology franchise is a patient centric organization responsible for delivering the highest quality education and service regarding disease and treatment. The goal of the franchise is to penetrate existing and new markets to meet business goals by educating physicians and healthcare professionals on a portfolio of products while upholding the Company's mission and values.
In this field-based position, it will have responsibility for successfully hiring, leading and managing a team of Hematology/Oncology Area Business Managers to maintain and grow a designated geographical region.Within the region, the individual will be called upon to lead and motivate a team to execute a national sales strategy, support key initiatives, develop and execute on regional plans and monitor performance.
Zones split by East and WestJob Responsibilities:
- Pull through the commercial strategy that will enable Sanofi Genzyme to meet our overarching objectives.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to drive disease awareness and sales performance in the Multiple Myeloma market. Moreover, ensure the education of clinicians to facilitate early diagnosis and comprehensive care for patients.
- Coordinate all business activities and drive results within geographic area of responsibility. Ensure effective execution of Sanofi Genzyme strategies and tactics within assigned geographic area.
- Develop effective business plans to execute selling strategies that are consistent with corporate brand and marketing plans and are tailored to geography and customer context.
- Coordinate closely with cross functional leaders to foster teamwork, unity and a high level of customer service and education. This coordination includes but is not limited to Sales, Sales Support, Managed Markets, Medical Affairs and Patient Services.
- Develop expertise in relevant CRM tools. Ensure the compliant utilization of CRM tools by sales team and hold accountable for effective use.
- Leverage expertise in clinical data, disease education, diagnostics, product information, selling skills and market trends to drive team performance.
- Recruit, hire, coordinate training and ensure engagement of a sales team consisting of Hematology/Oncology Area Business Managers.
- Manage the performance of the team by providing individual constructive feedback and coaching. Set clear direction, communicate, train, guide, inspire and hold accountable sales personnel in order to maximize sales and team performance. Visit customers with field sales personnel to ascertain sales effectiveness.
- Provide developmental assignments to individuals to improve organizational capabilities and develop future leaders.
- Provide key market insights and field feedback to marketing and leadership teams.
- Review and analyze data/systems/procedures to support idea generation and implementation of strategic and tactical objectives.
- Apply a high degree of business acumen and utilize analytics to assess regional performance and potential.
- Organize and execute effective POA meetings.
- Manage and adhere to all company policies and Legal and Regulatory guidelines.
- Uphold and exemplify Sanofi Genzyme's core values.
- BS in a life sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years Oncology experience
- Minimum of 3 years people and biopharmaceutical industry leadership experience with sophisticated sales management skills and a solid track record of proven accomplishment.
- Strong leadership skills with record of hiring, developing and retaining personnel while delivering agreed revenue targets.
- Ability to participate in and lead cross-functional teams and to achieve results through cooperation with other commercial functions.
- Experience working in a fast paced, execution focused environment.
- Experience in coordinating patient and provider support services such as specialty pharmacy, reimbursement services, nursing services, specialty distributor, etc.
- MBA or MS degree in business/clinical/science.
- Leadership experience within hematology /oncology.
- Experience in selling an oncologic product and experience in the "buy and bill" reimbursement area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who will be capable of articulating the Company's strategies and how they relate to our core values.
- Collaborative team player who can rapidly gain credibility and confidence within the company, with customers, and with key experts in the field; a polished professional presence is essential,
- Ability and strong personal accountability toward execution, have a results-oriented work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire
Sanofi Genzyme, the specialty care business unit of Sanofi, focuses on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, and immunology. We help people with debilitating and complex conditions that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. Our approach is shaped by our experience developing highly specialized treatments and forging close relationships with physician and patient communities. We are dedicated to discovering and advancing new therapies, providing hope to patients and their families around the world. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi is organized into five global business units: Diabetes and Cardiovascular, General Medicines and Emerging Markets, Sanofi Genzyme, Sanofi Pasteur and Consumer Healthcare.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.