The Regional Business Director will provide leadership and strategic direction to Sickle Cell Therapeutics Specialists to achieve performance objectives. This is accomplished through effective coaching, mentoring of the team, utilization of resources and strong collaboration internally and externally. Other responsibilities include building comprehensive strategic business plans, including specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives in accordance with national and regional goals. Manage funds and resources and ensure their ethical, targeted allocation towards maximizing sales and return on investment. Create a motivating environment for the team by further ensuring clarity of purpose and aligning to GBT’s vision. Execute at a high level and drive operational excellence to ensure the sales team is making impact, and in a compliant way. Lead and navigate through challenging sales environments and help the team continue to adapt to the new reality of virtual and in-person engagement. The Regional Business Director position will report directly to the Zone Director Mid Atlantic. This exciting role provides the opportunity to build, manage and mentor a best in class sales team.
Preferred locations: San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Las Vegas, Phoenix
- Lives the Values: Embraces the GBT core values and exhibits behaviors that consistently reflect our core values.
- Execution and Results: Leverages resources and balances priorities to drive results and achieve business outcomes.
- Influence: Effectively persuades others and seeks out alternative points of view.
- Develops Talent: Develops individuals and teams, within and outside of one’s direct area of responsibility, to support individual and organizational growth.
- Communication: Communicates in a clear and concise manner to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for outcomes, including successes and mistakes, and the behaviors used to achieve those outcomes.
- Teamwork and Engagement: Works with others towards a common goal and encourages others to perform their best.
- Strategic Perspective: Balances both short-term and long-term outcomes by integrating data and anticipating future directions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve annual sales goals
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop Sickle Cell Therapeutic Specialists (SCTS)
- Coach SCTSs in all aspects of job performance and ensure training and development of SCTSs in their region
- Establish clear roles, responsibilities, objectives and metrics for team members consistent with Region and Nation
- Serve as a role model for compliant behavior that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Model high touch engagement with all external stakeholders
- Develop and adhere to assigned region operational budget
- Develop, present and execute quarterly Divisional Regional business plan
- Provide ongoing assessment and feedback of Sickle Cell Therapeutic Specialists
- Participate in development and implementation of national and regional sales strategy and tactics
- Establish and maintain effective regional communications
- Responsible compensation planning including salary adjustments, merit increases, promotions, etc.
- Plan and execute Regional Sales Meetings
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- BS/BA degree requires. MBA preferred
- Specialty experienced preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ pharmaceutical or biotech sales management experience
- Hematology experience or knowledge of the hematology market highly preferred
- Previous experience in launching new products or indications
- Proven successful track record of consistent high performance
- Strong leadership, planning and organization, analytics, business acumen, decision making and problem- solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute on plan
- Proven leadership skills/high level of accountability
- Ability to influence without authority in a matrixed environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adherence to GBT’s high ethical standards
- Additional commercial experience preferred
- Significant travel required
- Driving is an essential duty of the job; candidates must have a valid driver’s license to be considered
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.