Job Title: Regional Business Director (RBD) - Oncology Sales (Southwest)
This is a sales leadership role primarily responsible for the execution of the overall growth strategy for the Region. The responsibilities include leading, coaching, mentoring, and development of 6-9 account managers and molecular oncology specialists, ensuring all corporate initiatives are executed and ensuring the required growth initiatives are achieved. This role requires a hands on approach heavily focused on joint sales calls, joint prospecting calls, and continued improvement throughout the team. This role is responsible for identifying and communicating the needs and requirements from customers to ensure Caris maintains its leadership position in the market. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years of prior people leadership and an understanding of the oncology, pathology and/or diagnostic market.
- Meet or exceed company's direct sales revenue targets.
- Develop regional sales strategy to deliver against direct sales revenue objectives.
- Establish senior level relationships within key accounts.
- Successfully build, train and manage a sales team to meet and exceed volume and revenue objectives.
- Provide consistent marketplace feedback to support development of sales strategy that achieves revenue and volume objectives.
- Provide regular visibility for management and staff on industry trends, best practices, and competitive insights.
- Build and foster strong cross-functional internal relationships to facilitate efficient processes for product development, pipeline management, compensation plans, sales reporting, and revenue forecasting.
- Maintain accurate and timely communication with Area Vice President of Oncology Sales regarding all relevant regional information regarding revenue and advertiser relationships.
- Sells Oncology services and technology to physicians.
- Provides business solutions to physicians in the practice setting.
- Analyze business opportunities and develop strategic sales plans for assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Utilize understanding of and experience discussing the healthcare payer environment and its impact on physicians and ancillary providers.
- Advises Senior Management Team on relevant client or market concerns.
- Develops and maintains "Core" knowledge of competitive products, services, technology solutions, and reimbursement/billing issues.
- Provides necessary and appropriate post-sales service to accounts, utilizing each opportunity to discover and pursue additional business.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with key personnel in assigned accounts as related to support on-going issues (i.e., installations, upgrades, persistent problems). Escalate support issues when customer satisfaction is jeopardized.
- Maintain all assigned company assets including laptop computer, PDA, etc.
- Submit all necessary paperwork, including travel itineraries, trip reports, activity reports, monthly reports, expenses, and service reports, as required, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates "Core" level knowledge of oncology, technology solutions and competitive strategies through the use of company resources, on the job training, in house literature, marketing material, and sales brochures.
- Meet all assigned targets and goals set by management.
- Provide meeting and trade show support as required.
- Supports physicians with the complexity of the ordering and interpretation of the CMI platform, and QC report quality/accuracy which may require access to detailed protected health information (PHI).
- Engages with on-site hospital billing department to follow-up on specific claim details to support proper hospital payment, as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Possess high degree of understanding the client relationship with Physicians, their needs, and how we can provide service and technology solutions for their oncology needs.
- Proven success with large, global, brand marketers and agencies.
- Passionate and engaging approach to working with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated decision making ability towards solving problems, while working under pressure and effectively communicating these solutions to co-workers and customers.
- General understanding of business policies and practices.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet for business use.
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of prior people leadership preferred and an understanding of the oncology, pathology and/or diagnostic market.