The Regional Business Director will play a critical role in building and leading Blueprint Medicines first commercial sales organization as we plan to deliver multiple product launches and indication expansions for patients with solid tumors and a rare hematologic disorder, with 2 planned marketed products by 2020. This person will be responsible for maximizing revenue by driving sales activity and providing leadership to the Area Business Managers within the region. They shall oversee the implementation and execution of disease, diagnostic and branded educational awareness, as well as maintain effective communication and relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders. He/She will report to the Vice President, US Sales.
- Hiring, training, retention and professional development of 7-8 Area Business Managers across the region.
- Exhibits a patient focused mindset and drives performance with ABM's to ensure sales forecasts and KPI's are met or exceeded.
- Conduct regular field visits to effectively coach the use of approved resources and drive therapeutic and territory expectations.
- Ensure a high level of clinical acumen, working with ABM's on customer messaging during HCP interactions to deliver compliant impactful conversations.
- Maintain understanding of current market dynamics; institutional and community accounts, key influencers and opinion leaders. Routinely share information with all Blueprint Medicines stakeholders.
- Provide input into resource allocation decisions across the region. Effective management of annual budgeting for sales activity and delivery of expenditure within agreed upon timelines.
- Communicate incentive plans for the team and monitor monthly performance targets.
- Collaborate with internal field teams (diagnostics, medical, market access) to ensure alignment of account/ HCP activities across all business functions.
- Deliver quarterly business reviews on behalf of the regional business to VP, Sales and maintain regular communication on critical business needs.
- Consistent utilization of analytical tools to understand business trends, deploy resources, guide ABM coaching and accomplish overall sales objectives.
- Work with ABM's around development of local market business plans to drive effective implementation of the strategic plan and ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
- Acts with integrity and is a role model to the team. Sets clear expectations regarding ethical behavior and strict adherence to compliance standards. Applies appropriate performance management and accountability measures.
- Creates, builds and maintains relationships and communication with physicians and thought leaders.
- Develops, leads and facilitates team POA meetings.
- Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical sales management, preferably in oncology and/or rare disease areas.
- Demonstrated success with building high performing field teams in a true "start-up" environment
- Experience leading teams in complex niche environments; companion diagnostics, specialty pharmacy / patient HUB.
- Demonstrated success across multiple drug launches in applicable specialty markets.
- Proven track record of employee development and performance management.
- Ability to travel within the US on a regular basis which may include overnight and weekend travel.
- Excellent leadership coaching and performance management abilities.
- Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to collaborate with cross functional partners and seek creative solutions to barriers.
- Skilled in identifying opportunities and threats to the business, while operating with a high sense of urgency.