The National Accounts – Regional Business Development Manager (RBDM) is responsible for planning, implementing and executing all necessary activities for the successful leadership and management required to meet and exceed national account business development sales objectives, goals, plans and targets.
The National Accounts – Regional Business Development Manager (RBDM) leads specific assigned market segments and/or accounts as defined by the Director of Commercial Business Development. Primary focus is to grow AutoZone sales by maintaining/expanding regional relationships with existing National Account Customers and by identifying new National Account opportunities.
• Identify and evaluate share of wallet opportunities within existing AutoZone National Accounts by establishing strong working relationships with each account’s regional management team and by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; while evaluating options and adhering to all proven/applicable processes, standards and procedures.
• Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities for AutoZone National Accounts by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; while evaluating options and adhering to all proven/applicable processes, standards and procedures.
• Locates and proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities while complying with all AZ policies and procedures.
• Maintain a robust new national account opportunity pipeline. Opportunity pipeline maintenance will be required within Microsoft Dynamics, and will roll up into the overall national account business development pipeline
• Responsible and accountable for creating, documenting and managing all required annual and period sales forecasts, new National Account opportunity sales pipelines and sales results as assigned by the Regional Business Development Manager.
• Maintain up-to-date target / contact lists and account status, including building a specific opportunity pipeline/ sales timelines and goals to achieve objectives and quotas for the National Account Team.
• Understand sales methodologies as well as working cross functionally with regional and national sales teams and other disciplines.
• Close new opportunities by coordinating requirements; responding to RFP’s; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Provide the required leadership, oversight, and development of all National Accounts, internal systems and tools, training, and required tracking for performance and target attainment
• Utilize the strategic relationship with ALLDATA in all new business partnerships and programs to drive sales growth.
• Provide chain-wide sales leadership by actively promoting 1 Team culture by communicating and training effectively across multiple sales, operations and support channels.
• Comply with all AZ policies and procedures.
• Maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. Position
• 7 years of business to business sales experience, with 5+ years in sales management –Automotive is a plus
• Travel up to 80% of time
• Relentless pursuit of new profitable business and penetration of current accounts
• Strong understanding of financial statements and financial planning
• Excellent leadership skills
• Ability to create and execute customer development plans
• Ability to analyze sales reports and take appropriate action
• Understanding of P&L statement and gross profit
• Strong communication, negotiation, organization and leadership skills
• Integrity, honesty, passion, drive and the desire for success
• Excellent customer service skills
• Education: Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity tools including Outlook, Excel, and Power Point