Sartorius As one of the world‘s leading laboratory and pharmaceutical equipment providers, Sartorius is actively shaping dynamic, innovative and high-growth markets.
Founded in 1870, the company earned sales revenue of more than 1.3 billion euros in 2016. More than 6,900 people work at the Group's approximately 50 manufacturing and sales sites, serving customers around the globe.
We are currently seeking a strategic Bioprocess Sales Manager to grow and expand our business portfolio in the Northeast region. The incumbent will be a collaborative leader, with in-depth knowledge of bioprocesses to facilitate the promotion of our comprehensive “end-to-end” bioprocess offerings. This is a unique opportunity to manage and work alongside an outstanding team of professionals and deliver quality solutions to meet our customers’ needs in this high growth market.
What you can look forward to accomplishing
- Achievement of regional sales targets for our Bioprocess Solutions business
- Manage, coach and counsel the regional sales representative team (guiding, goal setting, overseeing daily activities, conducting performance evaluations, talent development, and making personnel decisions)
- Leveraging CRM system and sales metrics to optimize performance and assist sales team in identifying growth areas
- Direct oversight of selected local key accounts
- Sales budget and forecast planning for the region
- Develop productive relationships with customer organizations and internal teams to grow and expand upon existing business
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our company Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in appropriate biological sciences discipline
- 5+ years of bioprocess sales experience to include a minimum of 2+ years managing a sales team and 2+ years at equivalent of sales representative level
- 3+ years of experience and demonstrated proficiency with complex sales and profitable management of key accounts
- 3+ years of experience giving formal and informal presentations
- Demonstrated working proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Participation in complex sales and key account management training (such as Miller Heiman Strategic Selling and LAMP)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience working in a matrix environment; skilled at collaborating with other departments to optimize sales potential across lines of business
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and employs analytical and strategic thinking to proactively respond and anticipate customer needs
- Demonstrated Leadership ability and the ability to exert positive impact and Influence
Note: Position requires >50% overnight travel. Ideally, the incumbent will be based in the Boston area or within a reasonable commuting distance.
- Identification with our company values: SUSTAINABILITY, OPENNESS, ENJOYMENT(-)