REGIONAL ASSET MANAGER - TEXAS
BH Properties, a Los Angeles based private real estate investment company with additional offices in Phoenix and Dallas is seeking to hire an experienced, Houston-based, Regional Asset Manager comfortable in office, industrial and retail properties located throughout the state. The role, reporting to its Senior Asset Manager located in Dallas and supported by property and construction management personnel, will play an integral role in maximizing cash flow through identifying operational efficiencies and leasing.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and growing company with a substantial presence throughout the state of Texas. The role is highly visible, both internally and externally, requiring skills and experience in leadership, management, and communication.
- Maximize the total return for each asset through implementing operational efficiencies and identifying value-add and revenue enhancement strategies
- Work closely with third party property managers, leasing agents, brokers, consultants, and attorneys to provide direction for, and oversight of, business plans, annual budgets, lease analysis and approvals.
- Actively participate in the negotiation of new leases and renewals both in-house and through third party leasing brokers
- Perform routine property inspections to ensure property and vacant suites are show ready.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual portfolio reporting for review by the company’s senior management team
- Negotiate third party contracts and oversee implementation of capital improvement and ‘value-add' projects identified within the portfolio.
- Work with the financial analyst staff to perform valuations of each asset on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop and implement strategic business plans for each asset that will govern its daily operations and position in the marketplace.
- Manage the capital improvement strategies and processes, including oversight of construction management activities.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis of potential issues while developing strategies to manage conflicts.
- Monitor regional economic and investment trends to identify changes that could impact real estate values and strategy.
- Work collaboratively with Company acquisition team members in evaluating potential investments and opportunities.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in finance, real estate or related field with a strong record of academic achievement; graduate degree preferred.
- The candidate will likely have had a minimum of 7 years of commercial real estate asset management, principal-based leasing, and / or related experience in Texas.
- Experienced in financial analysis, understanding of asset level financial statements, and possess a demonstrated level of experience in lease management and metrics for office, retail and industrial properties
- Knowledge of real estate accounting combined with strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of design and construction process
- Experienced in MS Excel, Argus is a plus
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to manage multiple and concurrent projects to achieve goals.
- Comfortable in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- 30% Travel
We offer an excellent compensation package along with a chance to grow and develop with a well-capitalized, privately held, entrepreneurial investment group understanding that it is not just a job, but a career. For immediate consideration please submit your resume with salary requirements. Resumes submitted with salary requirements will be considered a priority.