We are seeking a safety minded, qualified, motivated candidate to oversee the aggregate operations in the Western part of Pike Industries. The position will oversee the following Pike locations; Hooksett, Belmont, Waterford, Gorham, New Haven, Danby, West Lebanon, Hartland, Williamstown, and the Portables located within the West area of Pike.
The Aggregate Area Manager will report directly to the VP of Aggregates and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Safety - Promote Safe work behaviors through daily engagement, facilitate cross auditinspections of sites to promote zero citation culture. Ensure annual integrity checks are complete at each site. Prompt review and resolution to any incidents. Facilitate and participate in Annual refresher training.
- Quality - Ensure communications with QC team is flawless and that each respective site collaborates with QC personnel on consistent basis. Facilitate and participate in QC audits to ensure compliance with QC plans outlined for each respective site.
- Right People - Promote the Right People, Right Place, Right Time strategy. Ensure robust development plans exist for all high potential candidates under his area. Ensure culture of accountability. Facilitate and promote appropriate training for personnel in the safety, technical & leadership fields.
- Collaboration - Work with Sales, HMA Managers, Equipment Managers & Peers to ensure balancing of resources and making optimal decisions for the greater benefit of Pike.
- 3 Year Mine Plan - Ensure plan exists and understood by site personnel. Follow up and inspect that mining is largely consistent with that plan.
- 3 Year Cap Ex Plan - Ensure plan exists for must do replacements 3 years out. Drive to find projects that will decrease costs, improve output or better balance inventory on site.
- Current Year Cap Ex - Ensure projects are budgeted appropriately, procurement is involved with vendor negotiation, implementation plan is created and contractors and site personnel are aligned with plan and execute to same.
- Production - Ensure 90 day production forecast aligns with demand and that inventory on site is balanced. Communicates with sales on any demand or balance issues and works to resolve. Assist with working through any major plant down situations with site manager in decision making and scheduling people, parts, and equipment.
- Maintenance - Coordinates any large planned repairs with all necessary resources (internal and external).
- Winter - Plans all winter activities for the West area including stripping, repairs, sales activities, etc.
- Costs - Reviews performance daily, weekly, and monthly. Assists in resolving any major cost impact situations that occur daily. Conducts weekly production review call to discuss performance gaps for the previous week. Drives home performance on a monthly basis via detailed review of POR's & job cost detail.
- Budget/Forecast - Assists with cost inputs for budgets. Ensures accuracy of demand forecast tool on a monthly basis to assist in producing an accurate aggregate forecast.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; eight or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be knowledgeable about all roles within an aggregate facility.
- Must have 5-7 years previous supervisory experience.
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must possess a working knowledge and understanding of Mine, Safety, Health, Regulations.
- Extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights.
- The willingness to travel to other Pike locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont when needed.
- A valid driver’s license
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Job ID: 129597