This position is located in the Office of Regional Operations, Department of the Chief of Program Operations within the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). The incumbent will be in a regional office located in: Denver, CO; Kansas City, MO; or Manchester, NH.
The Regional Administrator (Chief Impact Officer) is responsible for driving, managing, and overseeing the strategic direction and operations of the Regional Office, ensuring an integrated approach to CNCS impact work. The incumbent develops and implements core strategies and goals to advance local and national priorities, initiatives, investments and partnerships.
The individual selected for this position will play a lead role in transformation of the current CNCS structure and have major responsibility for standing up a new regional structure, to include leading hiring, onboarding, and training of newly hired staff, space management, business process development, office procedures and policies, learning regional landscapes, seeking partnerships, etc.
- Provides executive leadership and supervision of regional staff engaged in CNCS program development and delivery of all CNCS streams of service (not including National Civilian Community Corps). Ensures staff is accountable for the effective and efficient management of CNCS programs and resources.
- Formulates, implements, modifies and evaluates regional operating plans in alignment with CNCS program goals, priorities and initiatives outlined by executive leadership. Justifies and supports regional plans and objectives; integrates regional plans with internal and external stakeholders to achieve program objectives and CNCS priorities.
- Develops and monitors regional spend plan throughout the year to ensure CNCS' funds are invested and managed responsibly and strategically. Manages resource allocations and authorities to address priority areas and integrate program areas within and across regions.
- Leads the interpretation, application, and clarification of program policies and procedures to regional leadership, grantees, and sponsors to ensure efficient, effective, and accountable financial and programmatic activities. Liaises with the Director, Regional Operations and other executive program leadership to ensure policy clarity for regional staff.
- Ensures accountability for management actions, fiscal stewardship and transparency in the Regional operations.
- In coordination with other staff, plans and implements a program development approach for advancing CNCS' national and local impact by convening partners, building coalitions, forging common agendas, organizing community awareness, initiating new grantees and program partners, and leveraging resources.
- Increases awareness of CNCS' mission and programs by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other members or advocates of national service.
- Identifies and addresses priority issues in region, capitalizing on opportunities and partnerships to provide a unified and coordinated CNCS voice with constituents and partners at the regional level.
- Collaborates with CNCS program and operational offices to address grants, financial or administrative matters. Implements new or modified agency policies and procedures pertaining to regional service delivery.
- Monitors regional performance to assess the overall effectiveness, efficiency, productivity, and compliance of regional operations. Identifies any program deficiencies or seeks opportunities for program enhancement and takes the appropriate actions to resolve issues and improve program operations in support of CNCS' mission, goals, and objectives.
- Provides leadership and oversight of day-to-day regional operations, including selection, direction, supervision, and evaluation of Regional personnel. Ensures that direct reports are accountable for managing program operations and their subordinate staff through measurable performance standards. Oversees the development of a high performing regional team, providing frequent feedback to and support for regional team. Develops and advocates a culture of continuous learning to attract and retain employees with superior abilities.
- Engages with grantees, sponsors, state commissions, non-profit organizations, community leaders and advocates, academic institutions, associations, and other federal, state and local partners to increase the impact of CNCS' defined areas of focus. Convenes forums or special program events throughout the region to facilitate shared communication on key programmatic priorities or initiatives.
- Leads the regions in measuring outcomes of programs, partnerships and investments.
- Keeps Director, Regional Operations, Chief of Program Operations, Program Directors, and other key stakeholders apprised of barriers, issues, challenges, or successes that affect progress on program goals.
- Ensures cross regional alignment and collaboration with regional peers to ensure a seamless and consistent delivery of CNCS' programs and services across regional offices.