Working closely with Sonoco Recycling Division Finance and Corporate shared services, responsibilities include the monthly closing of multiple plant operations. This includes the reviewing of operating statements, reconciliation of sales and inventory accounts and the calculation and booking of various consumption and inventory valuation journals. The individual will assist with various trend reports, account analysis, SPS/productivity initiatives, capital/fixed asset reporting, etc.
The individual will have responsibility for more than one plant, and will be required to travel in support of various activities including training of other staff, filling in during vacations, etc. Excellent Excel skills are required as well as overall strong computer skills.
- Ensure administrative positions prepare and complete daily, weekly, and monthly activities including payroll, PO/AP processing, card reconciliations, truck driver logs, sales/material exception reporting, daily cash reconciliations, setting up new suppliers/vendors, etc.
- Serve as the resident expert for all critical business systems, including but not limited to, Oracle, Procurement/Elemos, HFM, Ariba, Sonobis, Chrome River. Maintain a high level of involvement in implementation, training, maintenance and reporting for all critical business systems.
- Assist plant and regional managers with submitting of capital projects, tracking for expenditures, and processing closure of projects.
- Be able to train individuals at plants on new policies, procedures, computer/software programs, etc. This also includes making sure that they have adequate skills and are getting needed development in areas that are lacking (ie MS Office, SPS tools, etc.)
- Prepare, consolidate, and reconcile financial reports for month end closing. Direct, analyze, and verify month end closing entries as well as profit and loss statements. Submit entries to shared services for accruals, stats, etc. Coordinate the plant physical inventory process.
- Create or modify various reports and databases as needed for management of the business. Provide detailed financial data to division and plant personnel as requested. Analyze and report plant operational performance. Provide suggestions on methods to reduce negative variances.
- Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction. Ensure administrative staff are getting training, coaching, and support to ensure they can develop skills necessary to perform current and future roles. Provide training to plant manager and other operational personal to ensure they have financial acumen to support roles.
- Create or modify programs and reports to improve efficiencies in various administrative tasks. Implement new procedures as required by corporate or division staff.
- Support and assist in plant and division safety programs.
- Drive productivity and quality initiatives through administrative functions as appropriate.
- Maintain effective communication with division and plant management teams. Maintain a high quality and professional level of customer service for all customers.
- Promote strong internal controls. Participate in plant audits, identifying areas of weakness and non-compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent)
- 5+ years experience