The Regional Account Manager is responsible for developing, managing, maintaining and growing a customer base within our commercial sales division. This position ascertains customer needs by building and maintaining robust B2B relationships through strong proactive account management, and outstanding customer service while driving sales targets. Acting as a dedicated account manager, this position also becomes a consultant, negotiator and partner to our existing customer base.
This is a unique opportunity to develop processes, foster relationships and blaze a trail in an entrepreneurial environment. The primary scope of this role is business development but will also require savvy account management throughout the sales cycle. The candidate of choice will have proven sales experience within the field of general construction and/or residential development and will reside in one of the following cities:
PHILADELPHIA, ALTANTA, DENVER, PHOENIX, HARTFORD or ORLANDO
- Develop relationships with customers to truly understand their needs while taking a pro-active approach to building long lasting relationships. Conducting face to face consultative needs analysis interviews with prospective bulk customers will be a component of securing these relationships.
- Cultivate and implement sales plans for regional target areas including clearly defined strategies that maximize opportunities.
- Daily cultivation of leads, including outbound calls and email campaigns as well as personal presentation of sales proposals that align with client goals, will be the drivers behind achieving sales quotas within an assigned territory.
- Serve as primary point of contact for a personal book of business that will encompass and engage a medium to large level client base.
- Coordinate sales efforts cross functionally with team members and other departments, including Merchandising, Inventory, Operations, etc.
- Collaborate with the Sears Hometown and Outlet (SHO) support teams to ensure excellent post-sales support.
- Submit reports on sales activity regularly into the company’s CRM software, and maintain clean and updated records for all leads and customers.
- Analyze various territory/market potential, track sales, and provide status reports.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, concerns, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management.
- Adhere to all company procedures, values and policies so that you provide an accurate representation of the company to all potential and current customers
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Travel to customer locations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of relatable B2B account management experience within the construction or any relatable industry and a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas is a MUST!!! Please do not apply without this qualification.
- Must possess the ability to independently and proactively engage and retain key customers while seeking out new opportunities to generate revenue.
- Ability to provide superior communication and must possess presentation skills that are clear and concise on the phone and in person.
- Highly self-motivated and goal oriented with a “think outside of the box” mentality.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Mastery of standard software programs, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive business relationships.
- Organizational skills including prioritizing, time management, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.