Kimley-Horn, a national consulting engineering and planning firm and one of Fortune Magazine’s 100 best places to work, seeks a Regional Accounting Manager in our Orange, CA office. This highly visible position will be a key member of the Accounting and Finance team and will report directly to the Regional Business Manager with frequent interaction with engineering and planning staff, the regional leadership team and corporate staff.
The Accounting Manager will provide hands-on oversight of project cost accounting, revenue recognition and project profitability analysis as well as invoicing, collections, expense management, monthly reconciliations and reporting for the region. This position will supervise a staff of fifteen project accountants and accounting assistants located in various California offices and will be responsible for hiring, training and mentoring the staff to develop them for future growth within a rapidly expanding firm.
The Regional Accounting Manager will work with the Regional Business Manager and other staff to provide a proactive operational approach to financial management, and assist the region in achieving its monthly/annual financial performance goals. This role will also partner with project managers at all levels to provide guidance and support and building relationships with them will be key to success in this position.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• At least 8 years’ accounting experience including project or job cost accounting experience - AEC industry experience preferred
• Significant supervisory experience leading and developing an accounting team
• Demonstrated ability of ensuring quality related to the output and interactions of an accounting team
• Proven track record of having had significant interaction with senior management, staff, and other internal and external parties, including the abilities to partner well with others at all levels of the organization and form effective relationships
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Be a confident self-starter who pays close attention to detail while working in an engaging, fast-paced environment
• Excel expertise
• Ability to travel throughout California, as needed