We're seeking a Regional Accounting Director who will be the dedicated financial leader for our Canada Region. The Canada Region of HDR, employs approximately 350+ professional staff ranging from architects, engineers, scientists, economists and construction staff. The geography covered for this role includes British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
This role has financial accountability for the established region. This individual serves as the key advocate for all financial professionals within the region and is the business partner to the senior operational leadership within the Region to align the daily transactional and big picture strategic financial needs to the operation. More specific duties include:
• Supervise activities of Operations Accountants and Area Controllers within the Region.
• Organize and direct core accounting activities for both the operations accounting function of multiple geographic offices, but also all project-financial activities
• Oversight of the following processes: revenue recognition; project accounting; billing and accounts receivable; ensure effective communication between Project Managers and clients to resolve billing and accounts receivable issues; special projects as determined by executive financial leadership and operational management teams within the region.
• Professional development of finance and accounting management and staff within the Region.
• Ensure training and proper usage of HDR's financial systems & ERP business systems.
• Provide assurance to accounting and business leadership that practices and procedures are being followed in accordance with HDR policies, accounting principles, contractual client obligations and government compliance standards
• Routine participation in Regional leadership meetings to provide financial status reports and financial analysis on performance, forecast and trends.
• Assume a lead role for administering recruiting and hiring decisions within the region related to finance and accounting personnel.
• Responsible for financial analyses and presentations; detailed management reports; managing the budgeting process; and executing internal control procedures to improve performance as a key business partner with operations leadership.
• Expected 20-60% travel required. May be more the first year of the position to facilitate relationship building and learning the business.
• Strong leadership, communications and presentation skills.
• Willingness to partner with leaders within operations to achieve operational objectives and communicate within the matrix to strengthen HDR's business.
• BS in Accounting or Finance, or advanced business degree required.
• Minimum 8 years accounting and finance experience, preferably in A/E/C industry.
• Strong accounting skills, revenue recognition expertise and contract accounting experience required.
• Computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project & Oracle EBS.
• Adaptable personality with strong emphasis on goal achievement.
• Strong preference to candidates with demonstrated accounting/financial leadership within the architecture, engineering or construction industry.
• Project-based ERP system experience (Oracle EBS or comparable) preferred.
• Professional certifications including CPA or CMA are highly desirable
• Taxation experience is a plus
: Canada-Ontario-Richmond Hill, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
BusinessClass: Marketing and Admin
: Jun 26, 2019