The Regional Account Manager, US Neurology, Worcester, MA manages and develops long-term relationships with assigned physicians, extended prescribers, and other customers in the assigned territory. The Regional Account Manager will represent the assigned Alexion brands and their approved indications; provide disease and product education to external customers such as physicians, nurses, etc. in order to help patients.
- Consistently achieves or exceeds sales objectives in assigned territory operating with the highest level of organizational ethics and compliant business practices
- Creates, maintains, and executes strategic account-specific business plans reflecting the brand plan and an in-depth understanding of local market forces
- Develops and maintains in-depth disease and therapeutic clinical, and scientific knowledge
- Demonstrates high competence in educating on the disease’s diagnostic approach leading to a effective patient diagnoses
- Proven ability to navigate complex hospital setting (academic and community) to access targeted HCP and other key stakeholders.
- Appropriately utilizes all marketing tools and resources including power point presentations to further the selling process across all customer stakeholders
- Leads the implementation for our patient-centric partnership model which will include physicians, their staff, patients, clinics, and hospitals
- Executes local disease education and promotional programs for therapeutics area
- Provides a high level of product expertise and customer service to all targeted accounts and appropriate stakeholders
- Tracks activities and submits reports on sales activities accurately & on-time
- Effective time management and prioritization skill. A self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proven documented track record of delivering consistent “Top-tier” sales results
- Minimum 5years sales in Biotech or Specialty pharmaceutical sales
- Neurologyexperience stronglypreferred, especially:
- Building relationships with physicians referring, diagnosing and/or treating neuromuscular disorders
- Building relationships with healthcare professionals working in locations that administer 1) Infused therapies and/or 2) Apheresis for immunological disorders
- Building Account relationships in tertiary medical centers and teaching hospitals with specialty departments who treat the most severe patients referred on by community clinicians or other hospitals
- New product launch experience (in previous 3-5 years)
- Demonstrated success educating physicians about:
- Complex diseases diagnosed mainly through observations/exclusion rather than simple diagnostic tests
- Diverse patient disease profiles which do not lend themselves to simple segmentation and categorization for treatment decisions
- Ability to build and/or strengthen lasting relationships with providers in physician practices and hospitals where access may be challenging
- Manage territory budget and adhere to Alexion code of ethics and compliance
- 50% overnight travel.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Masters in Life Sciences or MBA a plus.
Req ID: 15010