Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
8 - 10 years
Posted 37 days ago
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Regional Account Manager - Upper Midwest opportunity in the field.
Purpose & Scope:
The Regional Account Manager is responsible for planning, initiating, and managing profitable business relationships with Managed Care and Select LongTerm Care customers in their specified geography. Achieves unrestricted access for Astellas products among customer base and increases sales through effective training and coordination with Astellas Sales Forces, ensuring Astellas business objectives are achieved.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Establishes personal trusting relationships with key personnel within assignedPriority Accounts and assists their Director in forging relationships with higher level contacts
* Leads execution of Health Systems strategy in their assigned geography toensure business goals and objectives for all Priority Accounts are achieved
* Establishes themselves as the strategic leader/subject matter expert for pull-through efforts
* Creation, implementation, and assessment of pull-through activities in partnership with all key stakeholders for assigned products
* Strategically and proactively leads routine live interactions with overlapping Sales Managers/Directors to exceed market share objectives for Priority Accounts
* Proactively shares key learnings/best practices with peers and Director
* Attains market, customer and product knowledge necessary to accomplish business objectives and shares learnings with key stakeholders.
* Proactively suggests any potential improvements to Health Systems strategy to their Director
* Continually analyzes competitive landscape to determine trends and provides customer feedback to Health Systems Leadership and other key stakeholders
* Creates annual Priority Account strategic business plans and provides routine progress updates to their Director
* Partners with compliance and operates in a compliant manner and leads team to do the same
* Collaborates with any co-promotion partners in accordance with theappropriate rules of engagement
* Achieving Formulary Positioning and Access targets for Astellas products withassigned customers
* Maximizing Sales Performance (Market Share, Units, Profitability) withassigned customers
* Proactively driving Priority Account business performance (deal model) through strategic and collaborative initiatives
* Monitoring expenses and adhering to annual budget
* Mid-Level individual contributor
* Field based role that serves as central point of contact regarding pull-through within assigned regional geography
* Primary contact to external customers within assigned geography and accounts to include regional Payers, PBMs, and LTC Pharmacies
* Reports to Director, Regional Managed Markets
* 7+ years of pharmaceutical or equivalent business experience
* Demonstrated ability to create appropriate customer relationships built on trust in both clinical and non-clinical groups
* Negotiation skills, business acumen, and analytical ability
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills,
* Strong project management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize withclear deliverables across multiple customers in tight timelines
* Self-motivated, with excellent organizational skills, with ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
* Ability to travel up to 75% of the time with overnight travel
* Valid driver's license in good standing
* No criminal convictions resulting in suspension/revocation of driving privileges within the last 3 years
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled