The Regional Account Manager will be responsible for achieving and maximizing territory and account contract and revenue goals through effective selling and account management and high-level clinical proficiency. This role will be the primary point of contact for T2 with a wide variety of key hospital influencers and decision makers across key functional areas including but not limited to Lab Directors, Clinical PharmDs, Infectious Disease/ER/Critical Care Physicians and other Stewardship/Sepsis/Value Analysis committee members.
- Achieve assigned instrument and consumable sales goals/quotas within the assigned territory.
- Close new contracts with large hospitals that provide access to a high volume of symptomatic high risk patients for sepsis.
- Build, foster and maintain positive and highly credible customer relationships; coordinate and collaborate with various functional areas and departments within each customer site (Lab Director, Hospital Administration, Infectious Disease clinicians, PharmDs) to ensure successful customer adoption.
- Develop and maintain strategic and account specific plans aimed to drive broad and appropriate patient selection criteria maximizing test utilization.
- Proactively gather customer intelligence and identify key customer stakeholders involved in decision making process.
- Maintain Salesforce.com database to provide accurate sales forecasting and other territory management activity.
- Monitor competitive activity and trends within territory and industry.
- Qualify opportunities with understanding of budget, authority, need and urgency.
- Attend state, regional and national trade shows as appropriate.
- Operate within established expense budget.
- Other tasks necessary to support overall customer satisfaction and drive company success.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of medtech, device or diagnostics sales experience targeting critical care required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of overall hospital sales experience required.
- Experience working with lab directors, hospital administration and clinicians and/or familiarity with current processes/methods for diagnosing and treating sepsis preferred.
- Experience successfully selling a new/transformational product, technology or solution is strongly preferred.
- Experience using LAMP (Large Account Management Process) and executive solution selling strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand and communicate the clinical value of products to customers.
- Ability to deliver compelling and convincing economic and clinical value messaging to multiple audiences.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills.
- Strong conversational skills, proven ability to ask insightful questions, high-level listening capacity and able to thoughtfully frame customer conversations.
- Proven history of achieving annual quota targets and in predicting/forecasting revenue.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Proficient with MS Office and Salesforce.com.
- Self-motivated, success-oriented and demonstrated collaborative approach.
- Extensive travel is required (estimated 80%).