A growth oriented organization and world leader in 3D printing, rapid prototyping, and manufacturing is seeking a Regional Account Manager (outside sales). The individual will work from a home office and will be responsible for growing new business as well as maintaining existing clients through sales call activities and inter-facing with the Project Engineering and Sales Staff.
The Regional Account Manager will call on and work with OEM’s and manufacturers within the region, identifying needs and providing solutions, utilizing the latest in technologies to support their product development, prototype and production manufacturing needs. The ideal candidate would have a manufacturing background with three to five years of outside sales experience as it relates to manufacturing.
The responsibility will be for the Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska developed customer base and territory, to be compensated with a competitive salary/commission package based on experience, with first year’s earnings guaranteed to be minimally 70,000.00 as well as benefits including a company car.
Interested? See the full job description below:
Summary: This position is responsible for achieving a sales quota by promoting the value proposition, products and services of Stratasys Direct Manufacturing (SDM). This position will be located in the field and will utilize outbound sales skills for prospecting and account development, as well as managing inbound customer requests. The primary role of the Regional Account Manager (RAM) is to proactively manage a geographic territory for maximum sales by responding to opportunities, face to face client visits, prospecting, regular contact with the accounts in the territory, and obtaining referrals from satisfied customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
Stratasys Direct Manufacturing Capabilities
- Understand the Stratasys Direct Manufacturing products, services and capabilities. Remain up-to-date on internally emerging capabilities.
- Learn and utilize the Stratasys Direct Manufacturing processes and procedures. This includes pricing guidelines as well as requirements for operations.
- Understand industry and competitive products, services and capabilities. Remain up-to-date on industry and competitive changes and developments.
- Develop long-term, sustainable relationships with key territory accounts
- Create and present an annual strategic territory plan which includes key accounts, activity plans, dates and growth targets.
- Present periodic updates to the Stratasys Direct Manufacturing management including territory and account progress against plan.
- Present updated sales forecast on a monthly basis based on sales pipeline in Salesforce.com. Work to ensure forecast within 80-120% accuracy.
- Timely follow-up with all inbound leads and opportunities, proactively work the customer base, ask for referrals, and prospect via outbound phone calls and face to face client visits.
- Understand customers’ business model and needs and demonstrate the Stratasys Direct Manufacturing fit to maximize revenue.
- Act as primary point of contact for all account base activities and act as back-up for other Regional Account Managers during peak times, vacations and out-of-office events.
- Conducts a minimum of 12 face-to-face meetings per week.
- Meet all minimum requirements for weekly, monthly, and quarterly contact activity.
- Respond within 24 hours to any lead or inquiry.
- Document all account activity in Salesforce.com within 48 hours of the activity occurring.
Customer Relationship Management Tools
- Proactively use Salesforce.comCRM software as well as GeoPoint mapping software for planning and scheduling account activities.
- Maintain accurate records and information on all contacts and account activities in Salesforce.comCRM software.
- Work closely with Project Engineer to ensure successful completion of quotes, fulfillment of orders, and other customer requests.
- Gather all project requirements from customer and communicate those requirements to operations to ensure success.
- Support marketing’s efforts with account base profiles or details or other sales data in order to reach new customers.
- Travel within the territory is required in this position up to 60% for client visits, presentations, prospecting, and trade shows.
- Perform all other job duties as requested.
Stratasys Core Values
- Demonstrates commitment to Stratasys Core Values by leading, acting and behaving in a manner consistent with these values.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures and attend all safety trainings related to the job.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sales or related discipline. Technical degree or training not required but must have demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and to successfully communicate them to customers.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales and account management of technology products or services in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Prior work experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment, especially product development from concept to production.
- Perform duties with a sense of urgency.
- Successful track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to discover new opportunities and close sales.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be proactive, solve problems, anticipate needs and have the necessary drive and enthusiasm to achieve results.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management software, preferably Salesforce.com.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software.
- Prior formal sales training such as that from Miller Heiman, Wilson Learning or Achieve Global.
- Knowledge of additive or subtractive fabrication technologies, particularly as used in rapid prototyping and manufacturing.
- Works from a home-based office, utilizing a computer workstation and various software applications. Specific work schedule is coordinated with direct supervisor.
- Travel requirement: 60%.