The Regional Account Manager drives revenue growth to meet or exceed sales revenue targets that are based on strategic product areas within the growing nanoString portfolio. The RAM will work to synchronize the nanoString portfolio with the customer’s workflow, in both a consultative and technical manner. The RAM will pull together internal resources to support and create strategic customer relationships, and will support the development of nanoString Key Opinion Leaders, in the Genomics and Proteomics marketplace. The RAM will bring to nanoString market feedback on product fitness and support the continued development of our portfolio. The RAM will position products and handle customer objections, and also demonstrate successful use of the nanoString portfolio by our current client base. He/she works in concert with the District Sales Manager to develop and drive strategy key regional strategies in our areas of focus. He/she collaborates with the Inside Sales and Field Application Specialists to deliver complete product and service solutions to nanoString clients. He/she must be able to form strategic alliances and design solutions that support pipeline evolution; drive opportunities to a close and achieve long-term sustainable business.
Territory: NC, TN, and SC
- Sales Revenues / Budgets: Meet or exceed sales targets – increasing sales of all nanoString products by managing all sales functions and driving new business.
- Strategy: Implement company strategy through specific strategic account plans developed in concert with his/her District Sales Manager.
- Planning / Forecasting: Develop and monitor annual sales targets, key performance indictors and revenue forecasts.
- Business / Markets: Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities. Increase number of strategic partnerships.
- Development: Build relationships within the team to improve positioning of key products and achieve targets,including cross departmental commercial teams in Inside Sales, Marketing, Field Applications, and Bioinformatics.
- Communication: Organize meetings and communication channels to ensure effective communication across business units. Maintain and develop relationships with key customers.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science and Masters degreepreferred but not required
- 2+ years of lab experiencepreferred
- A minimum of 5+ years of directly related salesexperience with proven track record in Life Science or Molecular Diagnostics Industry
- Wide range of knowledge of life sciences and diagnostic molecular biology applications and products, including qPCR, uArray, NGS specific customer and technology knowledge
- Knowledge of nanoString products preferred.
- Proven ability to sell to Laboratory Directors, Principal Investigators and above
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently while under guidance from manager
- Ability to work in teams
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Project management skills
- 80+% of time spent in field, willingness to travel and valid driving license required
- Extensive overnight travelrequired (up to 50%)