Berkeley Lights, Inc. (BLI) is enabling precise cell by cell selection and manipulation to empower cell line development, antibody discovery and engineering, synthetic biology, and development of personalized cellular therapies. Founded in 2011, BLI is delivering breakthrough platforms and devices that fundamentally change the way biological processes are done. Our technology is revolutionizing how scientists and researchers study the interaction of cells and transform and accelerate biologics and cellular therapies.
We believe that focusing on the individual cell has the power to ultimately transform the lives of individuals by understanding disease at the cellular level and through the development of personalized therapies.
- Achieve or exceed designated territory revenue attainment plan.
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecast updates.
- Drive strategic business expansion opportunities with select large pharma/biotech companies pursuing improvements in cell line development and antibody discovery programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), CxOs, SVPs, VPs, Directors and Scientists at assigned accounts, in part by keeping them informed of the latest developments in Berkeley Lights' technology.
- Structure strategic plans for gaining new clients while retaining and expanding existing relationships.
- Develop and manage territory plan detailing activity for territory sales pipeline with prioritized leads, prospects, and qualified opportunities.
- Collaborate with colleagues responsible for management and delivery of customer feasibility and milestone programs to ensure successful attainment of program objectives for customers located within the territory.
- Work closely with the commercial leaders to drive the commercial strategy as it relates to products and services in pre-sales and post-selling activities. This will include developing and maintaining financial and forecast models.
- Continually analyze competitive landscapes and environment within assigned accounts to determine territory trends and provide customer feedback to Berkeley Lights' Sales leadership.
- Evangelize and embody our customer success and respect driven culture at all times to external and internal constituents.
- Proven ability to sell multi-million dollar capital equipment and service programs which provide an integrated BioPharma solution.
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences, Ph.D preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' of direct account management experience in life science tools to BioPharma customers with a history of meeting or exceeding annual revenue goals.
- Demonstrated track record of success with significant revenue generation to pharmaceutical or relevant biotechnology companies.
- Ability to engage in a consultative selling process that overcomes objections while connecting client needs with Berkeley Lights' capabilities.
- Successful record selling at the executive and VP levels.
- Keen understanding of the environment, relevant topics and business drivers in the BioPharma antibody discovery and cell line development markets.
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple accounts and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines.
- Ability to maintain an outstanding level of market, customer, distribution and product knowledge necessary to accomplish sales objectives.
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills.
- Outstanding strategic sales account planning skills.
- Superior listening and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate consistent closing abilities throughout the sales cycle.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced presentation skills and business acumen are a necessity, demonstrated by proficiency with Microsoft Office –particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess a positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change in an early stage company.
- Frequent travel ( > 75%) throughout the territory as needed.