HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
Reporting to the Territory Sales Director, the Regional Account Manager's primary responsibilities are to protect and grow existing revenues, maximize HID installed base market share, and strengthen product selection policies through strategic planning and relationship building with HID customers within their specified region. The Regional Account Manager's must effectively identify new project opportunities throughout multiple levels within customer organizations including senior management and all subsequent departments essential to advancing HID Global's market position. Candidate must effectively manage all sales, service and other challenges associated with HID Global products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as directed by the Territory Sales Director):
- Promotes and sells HID products and services to existing and new customers or channels.
- Identifies and builds strategic relationships within ALL assigned customer accounts, both direct/indirect.
- Identifies and participates on all major project opportunities, as required.
- Follows up by providing technical and tactical support to project completion.
- Provides technical and applications training, as required, for existing and new products at all levels and departments within customer organizations (i.e., Sales, Service/Operations, Procurement, Key Mgmt.).
- Participates in all local, regional and national security trade shows, as required or directed, by the Territory Sales Director.
General Business Responsibilities will include:
- Monitors and achieves on a monthly/quarterly basis new business and volume goals.
- Prepares quarterly and annual Business Plan for assigned territory, as required.
- Participates in regularly scheduled teleconference meetings.
- Measures and monitors HID market share penetration in the territory, as required.
- Initiates calls to existing or prospective clients to determine use and needs of HID products.
- Achieves total customer satisfaction by interacting with assigned group of customers and HID management.
- Establishes communications with all departments to facilitate the resolution of customer related problems.
- Tracks and reports on leads, opportunities, and sales by means of periodic activity reports though Salesforce CMS.
- Participates as a member of NAM PACS Regional Sales team, working closely to identify improvement opportunities, developmental needs and account growth.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to assigned account base, as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS degree in a related field highly-desired (will consider 5+ years of experience in the physical security industry).
- A minimum of 5+ years outside sales experience.
- Experience in IoT and Cloud Services desired
- Must possess excellent skills in time management, written/verbal communication and organization, with the ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Must also demonstrate sound judgment and decision making ability.
- Territory responsibility includes the states of OR, WA, ID, MT and AK.
- Ability to travel, as required, within the territory to effectively manage job responsibilities.
- Ability to travel outside the territory, as required, for customer meetings, global/national sales events, seminars and tradeshows.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Familiar with operating systems, such as MS Windows, etc.
- Effective management of customer requirements and expectations.
- Demonstrated history of excellence in customer service.
- Customer-first philosophy that drives day-to-day activities.
- Always focused on achieving a reputation for being a "trusted advisor".
- Applicant must have permanent residence in OR or WA
- Min 75% travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess a valid driver's license and U.S. Passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- If employee works primarily in a home office environment:
- Home office environment must be a well-defined work area separate from normal domestic activity and complete with all essential technology including but not limited to the following; separate phone, printer, and computer to effectively perform their duties.