Industry Leader in Benefit Solutions, Boon, is seeking a Regional Account Executive, Employee Benefits! Boon is an AssuredPartners subsidiary.
Compensation: Annual base salary plus commissions/bonus with opportunity for client residuals!
Job Location: This outside sales position is Work From Home with roughly 25%-50% territory travel. The ideal candidate resides in the advertised region.
Regional Travel: Candidate must reside in one of three key regions including (1) DC/Virginia State (2) Florida State or (3) San Diego, CA
Boon Offers Excellent Benefits, Including:
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k and match, generous PTO/vacation time (15 days starting), holiday pay (16 days per year), and more
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- We Care: We're all about culture and creating a positive environment that cares
Regional Account Executive, Employee Benefits Role:
The Regional Account Executive is responsible for broker development and sales in their perspective territory. Develops a sales territory, networks, and sells Boon Group products while meeting company strategic plan and goals.
Regional Account Executive Requirements:
- Education & Experience:
- 3+ years experience in the healthcare or insurance industry
- 2+ years proven success in exceeding new business sales goals
- Expert computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and the Internet
- Experience using CRM software (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.)
- Ability to travel frequently required (roughly 25-50% regional travel)
- Familiar with leveraging social media for sales outreach strategy
- Advanced knowledge of employee benefit plans, voluntary benefits, and other healthcare-associated benefits preferred
- Familiarity with the David Bacon Act (DBA) and/or Service Contract Act (SCA) a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Active Group 1 License preferred but not required
The Right Person to become our Regional Account Executive has:
- Experience explaining employee benefits and insurance
- Successfully built a client book of business from the ground up
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services
- Leadership skills and the ability to drive sales
- Skill in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and the Internet
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills and the ability to close a sale
- Ability to develop, present and execute strategic product marking plans
- Superior communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal, partnership and collaboration skills
- Ability to supervise, mentor, and train sales personnel
Regional Account Executive Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Builds and manages their sales region for growth with insurance broker clientele
- Leads the day to day operations of their sales region
- Follows the strategic sales plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Upholds activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes by monitoring performance on an ongoing basis
- Oversees the preparation of benefit plan proposals and RFP responses,
- Conducts sales presentations as needed
- Creates and builds strategic partnerships with benefits carriers, brokers and consultants through consistent contact, professional meetings to groups, responsive communication, problem resolution and meeting customer expectations
- May represent company at trade associations, conferences and tradeshows to network and promote products
- Required to pass all applicable trainings specific to HIPAA and any other company required trainings.
- Follow the company policies and procedures required to comply with applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements, including but not limited to SOC controls, and HIPAA Privacy and Security regulations.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned
As an industry innovator with 35+ years of experience, at Boon, we specialize in designing innovative fringe benefit solutions to meet the unique needs of government contractors. Our "3 Cs" approach to benefits for government contractors, allow us to create products that are compliant, cost-effective, and, above all, competitive.
Boon supports independent agents, insurance brokers, and consultants to better serve your clients with government contracts. We act as a third-party administrator (TPA), wholesaler, and subject matter expert for thousands of insurance consultants who do business with us today. We take great value in nurturing and building this network to meet the needs of new prospects and continue to deliver to existing clients, as a cornerstone of our partnership philosophy.