Regional Account Director, Market Acces
5 - 7 years experience • Biotech/Pharma
This position will be responsible for leading our Valeant Market Access West Region field account management team. This includes overseeing customer facing account management functions for all required payer channels for all Valeant brands. This position will have a key role in execution of Market Access strategy as well as ensuring profitable access and contract negotiations.
This position will also lead the important close collaboration with all Market Access Field Sales coordination for this region with each Valeant Business Unit. This applies to both National and Regional Payers/PBM’s Push and Pull Thru initiatives. This position will also include strategic participation in preparation for all upcoming launches.
The position will report to the Vice President Market Access and will manage a team of Account Executives for the West Region. The position is field based and requires extensive travel.
- Direct and oversee an account management team
- Serve as the key communication conduit for the account team on home office initiatives and as the key conduit for informing and advising management of key real-time issues and trends from the market access field
- Serve as the key negotiation strategist for business to business transactions between Valeant and Customer targets
- Assist Headquarters team in assessing customer behavioral trends, market conditions, and changes in formulary/medical policy techniques that have immediate and longer-term implications for the business
- Oversee the development of West Region Account Plans across all payer channels
- Ensure compliance with all Valeant policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the Sales Regional Directors to optimize business performance and/or manage complex business risks and issues
- Represent Valeant to key Payer’s and Payer Associations (AMCP, PCMA, etc.)
- Participate in development of product and channel specific strategies including contracting and execution.
- Work closely (daily) with the Strategic Account Directors that are responsible for the National Plans and PBM’s to ensure Launch and Push/Pull Thru initiatives are successful.
- Conduct all activities in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations and company policies
- Strategic role in looking at and leading a corporate approach to improved GTN and Market Access Lifecycle management of products
- West Region ownership to provide necessary leadership, strategic planning and execution of the direction of the West RAE team
- Work in collaboration with Market Access Payer Marketing in the development of customer facing tools and deliverables
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited four year college or university (or the equivalent if education obtained outside of the United States)
- Demonstrated successful salesexperience
- Minimum of five years of pharmaceutical Market Access field experience
- Experience leading and developing high performance teams
- Exceptional track record in business to business negotiations
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives for key payer/customer segments.
- Expertise in payer markets including understanding of all major payer segments, payer operations/financialdrivers and budgets, formulary access management, coverage decision processes and utilization management.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding quantitative and qualitative targets and goals
- Ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams and in an environment of rapid change
- Excellent written, organizational and verbal communication skills a must
- Proficient in MS Office products including PowerPoint, Word, Access and Excel
- MBA or Master's Degree
- Experience in specialty products is preferred (Gastroenterology, Dermatology, Opthamology)
- Experiencewith pre-launch drugs and new product launches is preferred
*Field Based - Central to Western US; Travel is up to 75%*