The primary responsibility of a Regional Business leader is to Coach, Teach and Develop his/her team to execute the revenue goals within the corporate business strategy.
Reporting to the Zone Vice President, the Regional Business Leader manages all sales activity for the full Acute Pain product portfolio within an assigned geography. This includes the setting of success criteria, up to and including Territory Business Plans for the regional sales team, providing leadership for achievement of goals for the regional sales team, forecasting of sales, implementing policies, and maintaining budget. Directs and motivates the region's sales personnel and works cross-functionally
with other Acute Pain sales regions and corporate departments to maximize sales efforts. Acts as a liaison between headquarters and field to ensure effective two-way communication (e.g., competitive intelligence) that will drive results. Establishes, defines and manages to a clear strategic direction and goal attainment targets for the regional sales team.
Roles and Responsibilities (fundamental job duties):
Planning and Execution
• Coach and Develop team members to execute the established revenue goals within the framework of the corporate strategy.
• Provide Coaching and Development to assess the strengths & weaknesses of each employee and establish a plan for continuous improvement. Ensure that each employee has awareness of and access to the appropriate resources to continuously improve through the documented Acute Pain Field Follow up Report and development plan.
• Develop, monitor and adjust (as needed) robust Territory Business Plans with members of the regional sales team
• Proactively communicate with the regional sales team on a weekly basis, including regular conference calls to assess sales leads and performance (and adjust as necessary). Conduct field ride-along visits to include 2 days per week with Territory Manager/Sales Representative and 1 day per week with Sales Associate and Clinical Specialists (where applicable); file Field Follow Up Reports for each visit.
• Fully understand and leverage tools, reports and analyses provided by analytics team.
Communicate promptly and clearly any misunderstanding around reporting and analyses. Leverage salesforce.com to help regional sales team to effectively manage Acute Pain sales cycle and harvesting leads.
• Effectively communicate business results to regional sales team and to senior management on a monthly basis, up to and including sales results and their drivers, best practices, risks, gap analyses, and budget adherence.
• Proactively monitor and report to Marketing and Senior Sales Management the issues
affecting the region, including pricing, competitive pressures, distribution, talent, market/industry movements and other business and / or customer challenges that impact regional, and potentially, zone and national performance.
• Collaborate with our established recruitment partners to locate, screen and hire all sales personnel for the defined region of responsibility.
• Work with Human Resources to execute the onboarding and off boarding processes.
• Provide vital and timely feedback to Quality and Regulatory teams concerning customer, product, and quality issues.
• Oversee and guide execution of contract strategy for the region, up to and including
individual accounts and local buying groups (IHNs).
• Take full responsibility for the training and education of regional sales team, assessing and working with appropriate internal parties to execute training in healthcare compliance, quality and regulatory rules and guidelines, hospital credentialing, corporate policies (e.g., expense management).
• Proactively maintain all administrative responsibilities, up to and including monthly business reports, performance reviews, talent review and calibration, expense reports.
• Demonstrated track record for sales growth and new business development.
• Strong Clinical knowledge and understanding of the features, benefits, and indications for use for medical devices.
• Deep understanding of, and proven success of leveraging, hospital organizational dynamics, including interrelationships between Clinicians, Materials Management, and Administration.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and sell to hospital administration on a program level.
• Proven experience in understanding mechanics of medical device contracts and pricing.
• Proficient computer skills for use with Email, PowerPoint, word processing and spreadsheets.
• Entrepreneurial in approach to the sales leadership role. Owns the approach and execution to regional business plans.
• Strategic thinker. Believes in taking a logical and comprehensive approach to the sales process. Builds and works from comprehensive regional sales plans. Able to work with complex issues and create long-term strategies.
• Comfortable in fast changing environments. Can look at issues from a fresh viewpoint and quickly adapt to changes created by the marketplace.
• Seeks ways to drive innovation into the region with unique and pioneering approaches.
• Solid business acumen.
• Has great presence and is a strong communicator. Uses language effectively to persuade others and build commitment for ideas and initiatives.
• Clearly defines expectations and articulates ideas, thoughts and views. Provides frank, direct, and timely feedback to others. Results-oriented.
• Likes to be in charge and be influential. Is driven by achieving extraordinary results and leading others. Excellent aptitude for holding self and others accountable to a high standard of performance.
• Reports to: Zone Vice President of Sales
• Possible Positions reporting to this job: Territory Manager, Sales Associate, Clinical Specialists.
• Customers & prospects including Surgeons, Nurses, Anesthesiologists, Residents, Physician's Assistants, O.R. Technicians, Materials Managers, Procurement Directors, Pharmacy, and Hospital Administration including the CFO and CEO.
• Representation of Pre-fill or distribution providers.
• Marketing, Business Analytics, Customer Service, Inside Sales, Human Resources, Leadership Development and Sales Training, R&D, members of HYH health care and other HYH divisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- At least 5 or more years’ experience in Medical Device Sales Management, with a proven track record of success
- Strong leadership qualities
- Proficient with MS Office Suite applications
- Extensive in-field travel required
- Medical Device Sales experience preferred
- At least 8 or more years’ experience in the Medical Device Industry Preferred
- Experience with orthopedics and/or surgical specialties is preferred
- Hands on approach to sales strategy and execution
- Demonstrated success coaching and developing talent
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others
- Positive, professional attitude
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Salesforce.com proficiency preferred
- Strong presentation, persuasion, and deal closing skills
- Superior work ethic and high energy level
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
Provided by Halyard Health:
- Company Car
- Cell Phone
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Matching 401K
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.