Red Wing Shoe Company is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, just 40 minutes from St. Paul, where our corporate office sits along the Mississippi River in downtown Red Wing. We are a global company with 2300 employees around the world, but we maintain a close-knit family atmosphere that comes with being a privately-held company. We’re rich in history and tradition, but innovation drives us to deliver best-in-class product solutions and highly rated customer experiences. Focus on our employees and company culture results in meaningful employee engagement across the organization. Our Guiding Behaviors of Living our Values, Honoring our Brands, Inspiring our People, Centering on our Customers, and Preserving the long term success and legacy of our Company are the foundation on which we build our future.
*This is a remote position*
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Execute operational plans for Red Wing Shoe Stores (RWSS), Red Wing Industrial Centers and shoemobiles (RWIC), and support Red Wing dealership stores to optimize distribution, maximize sales, and drive profitable growth. Manage retail and industrial store staff and share best practices with the dealership stores in order to enhance the sales, profitability, and image of Red Wing Shoe Company. Collaborate with regional and corporate teams to achieve regional goals, and implement standards, policies and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Achieve sales and financial objectives for RWSS and RWIC and share best practices with RW dealership stores.
- Accountable for profit and loss at the store level within assigned territory
- Build and promote operational effectiveness of Store Managers and associates by utilizing the 4 Wall Ownership principles including building revenue growth, margin improvement, profit growth and expense control
- Participate in annual budget process
- Prepare business plan for all store formats within assigned territory
- Analyze performance variances to maximize business efficiencies
- Insure financial accuracy of all store inventories
- Oversee all Accounts Receivable processes to maximize sales and profits
- Oversee expense management for stores and trucks
2. Ensure operational excellence for RWSS and RWIC, and share best practices, guidance, and support to Red Wing dealership stores
- Ensure policies, practices, and standards (compliance) are consistently executed including:
- Operational compliance
- Red Wing Experience, Retail Selling Process, Fitting Stool Leads, sales promotions, advertising, and Red Line
- Human Resources compliance with policies, procedures, and adherence to local and federal laws
- Asset management and asset protection including stores, shoe mobiles, inventory, cash, maintaining quality of fixture, capital investment, safety, security systems, and other facility needs.
- Partner with regional team, corporate teams, Product Development, Marketing, National Accounts and/or Human Resources to implement initiatives and programs through:
- Industrial sales lead generation programs, retail business development initiatives, new dealer investor prospects
- Merchandising effectiveness
- Inventory productivity to ensure appropriate product level and mix to meet the needs of the local market while ensuring new styles, best selling styles, and emerging styles are supported
- Promotional and advertising plans
- New store concepts and retail projects
- Product knowledge, daily store/shoe mobile operations, sales and new staff training
- Real Estate initiatives including store closings, store’s sold, store purchases, new store site selections and openings, relocations in all store formats
- Analyze region needs and opportunities, submitting proposals to Region Director and corporate teams for enhancing store operations, learning and development initiatives, control procedures, sales and growth opportunities, lean initiatives, new dealer investor opportunities and candidates
- Conduct store audits and store performance reviews using standards checklists, initiates corrective action plan and shares best practices as appropriate.
- Conduct ongoing Store Manager, Manager-in-Training (MIT) and associate training meetings in an effort to improve revenues, enhance product knowledge, and daily store operations.
· Additional responsibilities for RW Industrial Centers
o Insure that complete records for all shoemobile appointments, sales, and reports are maintained
o Manage shoe mobile program by monitoring productivity, truck expense controls and compliance with vehicle licensing, driver certification, insurance, DOT regulations, and maintenance of each vehicle.
o Support dealership industrial and shoemobile programs through guidance and share best practices
· Additional responsibilities for RW Dealerships:
- Provide sales and operational support to Red Wing Shoe Store Dealership stores, while enforcing the Red Wing Shoe Company Dealership Agreement. Work with store owners, managers and associates to involve them with RWSS in mutually agreed upon areas; such as sales generation, credit relationships, advertising, store moves, remodels, closings, personnel changes, and trucks (territories and agreements).
- At minimum yearly and within 120 days of Dealership Agreement expiration, meet with the store owner to review the store’s performance in sales achievement and growth. Review store build-out and compliance of all areas of the Dealer Agreement
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and three to five years of retail and/or industrial experience preferably with RWSC; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Retail operations expertise
- Effective manager of people, supporting employee development and performance excellence through Talent Management initiatives
- Analytical mindset for forecasting, inventory and expense management, profitability, consumer selling
- Retail footwear and/or wholesale experience
- Retail Inventory Management System (RIMS) or equivalent