The Region Manager (RM) at Monster Energy Company will manage all sales/revenue generating activities and relationships with retailers, distributors and broker representatives in the assigned territory. The main role is to increase top line sales revenue while maintaining bottom-line profitability. The RM will be a leader who is responsible for conceiving a targeted business strategy to drive corporate strategic objectives to tactical execution, executing partnerships to meet or exceed plan. The ideal candidate is a goal-oriented, revenue-focused individual who can quickly establish relationships and manage a growth-oriented sales strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create, build and maintain strategic partnerships with brokers, retailers and distributors in order to grow the portfolio of Monster Energy products in the assigned territory
- Conceptualize and apply a sales strategy to target key markets and establish a dominant presence in the region; Develop and execute promotional programs and activities with key partners
- Manage sales forecasts and budgets to achieve established goals to deliver profitable growth for assigned region
- Manage sales reporting obligations in a timely manner to include frequent sales updates, pricing surveys, etc.
- Keep abreast and report on products, category, innovation, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends
- Partner with marketing on developing local or national initiatives, product launches and sales estimates
- Work with internal departments to implement customer agreements, increase revenue, and address Customer needs; includes working closely with senior management
- Identify opportunities to improve customer support, including supply chain efficiencies
- Ensure that costs are controlled and monitored, including ensuring that the Accounts Receivable objectives are met and budgets are not exceeded
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Six to ten years of sales experience in a retail, broker and distributor sales environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Business, Marketing or Finance
- Demonstrated track record of sales achievement in a hand-on sales environment
- Proven knowledge of broker, distributor and retail customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish good relationships and credibility with customers and brokers; ability to collaborate at all levels
- Excellent at managing time, priorities and expenses
- Able to work independently while being a team player
- Proficiency using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with forecasting, Nielsen/IRI, POS and Inventory reports
- Flexibility to travel as needed