Come join us! Having a Kimball career means being a valued part of a company culture in which a passion for quality, customer satisfaction and family thrives. Kimball brings creative freedom and flexibility to workplace design. For over 40 years, we've been designing and manufacturing office furniture that is inspiring, productive, and environmentally responsible. In addition to our versatile furniture systems, we offer a large and broadly integrated product portfolio in a variety of styles and materials. We offer unlimited possibilities for creating functional environments that convey just the right image. Discover for yourself just how rewarding a Kimball career can be. We are looking for talented, motivated individuals who share our values and can help us continue building success. Headquartered in Jasper, Indiana, Kimball is a business unit of Kimball International Opens a New Window. , a $1.4 billion publicly-held corporation. We're proud to be part of one of this country's most respected companies, repeatedly recognized for innovation, long-term investment value, employee talent, and quality of products, services, and management.
As a Region Manager, located in Boston, MA., you will be responsible forthe sales and marketing efforts of all Kimball sales personnel within a specific geographic area, resulting in the achievement of quota attainment. In this role you will work to provide, enable and facilitate top line revenue for the Kimball Brand by creating demand at the End User, A&D and Broker levels. You will create awareness with influencers in unique and innovatie ways that will result in the development and growth of a viable, vibrant distributionnetwork.
It will be important to increase Select Dealer Kimball sales as a percent of both individual dealer and overall territory volume (expectation targets include minimum of 50% of dealership sales and 35% of territory volume with incremental growth each year). You will have the responsibility to identify, hire, train motivate and develop top sales personnel with assistance from the Director of Sales.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute an annual Business Development Plan to exceed sales goals; implement strategically and tactically with assistance from the Director of Sales to streamline the Market Sales Manager efforts.
- Develop and build relationships with appropriate strategic accounts
- Develop and build effective distributionchannels within regions
- Manage "Net Asset" financial resources within the region consistent with forecasting and budgeting process and plans with assistance from the Director of Sales
- Achieve Regional forecast accuracy of plus/minus 5% monthly.
As our successful candidate, you should demonstrate self motivation and have proven ability to build long term relationships with market influencers to drive business for Kimball. You should be able to foster an environment of trust and respect with peers, leaders, and employees. Excellent communication skills with active listening skills and ability will be important. It is important to be comfortable communicating with key leaders of the company and be seen as an expert for market recommendations. In addition, you should be able to manage and interpret financial information and make sound decisions that relate to profitability.
Your demonstrated track record of leadership, people development and market growth will be important as you coordinate all sales activities with respective teams in the organization. In addition, you will need to fully understand and successfully communicate the Kimball experience for win-win solutions.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Validated sales skills and success
- Ability to gain access to key influencers within the market and key individuals at the influencer locations
- Account Management
- Appreciation of dealer role and capabilities
- Understanding of dealer values for A&D and A&D clients
- Knowledge of the Office Furniture Industry and/or the Kimball Brand is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or related area of emphasis preferred.
- Related field sales and field sales management experience (minimum. 5 years)