Position Title: Region Director, NJ
Position Location: New Jersey
Does this sound like you?
- You thrive in high pressure and high-energy environments.
- You take challenges head-on and are adept at solving complex problems in dynamic situations.
- You act as an owner, not a renter, and are the first person to roll up your sleeves and tackle a challenge.
- You thrive on leading flawless tactical execution. The details matter and anything less than perfection keeps you up at night.
- You are the Sherlock Holmes of identifying opportunities. You can easily identify the needle in a haystack and quickly conceptualize opportunities and their potential impact on key performance metrics.
- Your motto? “Give me some goals and I’ll over deliver.”
- You embrace change. You are quick on your feet. You are cool under pressure. You over-communicate.
- You hate losing more than you enjoy winning. You won’t stop until the job is done at an elite level.
- You have incredibly high expectations for yourself and your team and are the first to acknowledge great performance but also recognize coachable moments.
- You work well in a team environment, and drive best-in-class performance from others - both those that report to you directly, and more importantly, from dotted-line indirect reports (distributor, agency)
- You are a strategic thinker and aim to be a thought partner to senior leadership
- You believe in and embrace the following values with passion – entrepreneurship, trust, ethics, conviviality
- Your primary goal will be to grow our brands and our business ahead of target and ahead of the competition (by 1.5X or more).
- You will establish and foster relationships that will drive this success.
- You will build, own and drive execution of the state-level plan, including PRUSA strategic imperatives, local KPIs and division P&L.
- You will develop and guide a high-performing PRUSA and manage multiple distributors to delivery.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Build AOP plan to beat the market.
- Ensures execution of effective "market-level" plan, including PRUSA strategic imperatives and local KPIs, in line with AOP
- Owns resolution of execution-related issues in state with limited support from GM
- Responsible for achieving set state-level targets
- Measures/rewards performance; manages program execution
- Provides accurate and timely communication of changing conditions across state that effect volume, profitability, distributor staffing and competitors to GM
- Oversees implementation of pricing strategy
- Actively works with market leaders to ‘inspect what we expect’ – MM’s, distributor leads
- Drives brand standards compliance excellence
- Primary point of contact for all sales execution questions (when elevated above MM)
- Maintains relationships with key customers – chain, indy, on-premise
- Works with distributor VP to create effective market-level plans that deliver against KPIs and strategic imperatives
- Helps set strategic direction for individual state across all channels / brands
- Drives the state level P&L
- Development of 12 month field forecast for case volume and NSV
- Ensures ROI analysis is completed against market-level activity
- Develops market AOP and LE for channel and geo territory (with Division Finance and Market Activation Manager)
Nature & Scope:
- Achieve volume and distribution growth in strategic priority channels and / or brands
- Achieve net sales value deliverable
- Grow value ahead of volume (target 1% price mix improvement)
- Beat the market by 1.5X
- Deliver key brand KPIs
- Reports solid line to General Manager
- Manages finance manager to develop annual operating plan and drive revenue generation
- Manages MAM’s to support and execute trade marketing activities
- Manages Market Managers and to execute market level plan
- Works collaboratively with GM and distributor leadership to build and execute PRUSA strategic intent
Education: Bachelor’s degreerequired. Master’s preferred.
Experience / Background: 7+ years of sales experience, including 5+ years of sales management experience in FMCPG industry. Beverage alcohol experiencepreferred, wine and spirit experience strongly preferred. Sales experience within a Spirits, Wine or Beer Distributor is a plus.
Field Environment: Work is performed in a typical field environment with moderate demands for movement and lifting.