As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we’re looking for the best to join us.
Working at Dentsply Sirona you are able to:
Develop faster - with our commitment to the best professional development.
Perform better - as part of a high-performance, empowering culture.
Shape an industry - with a market leader that continues to drive innovation.
Make a difference -by helping improve oral health worldwide.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving organizational sales objectives through effective leadership in the assigned area. The regional manager will lead, coach, and develop a highly talented cross functional team that excels in supporting the build-out of Dentsply Sirona integrated offices, selling procedural efficiencies, integrated workflows, and services within the Dentsply Sirona portfolio.
- Recruit diverse new talent as needed yielding a best in class organization
- Develop and implement individual new-hire training plan
- Field test and assess new hire readiness to implement Dentsply Sirona sales methodologies, effectively representing the product line
- Lead sales team identifying, developing, and retaining high talent who deliver value to the company’s business
- Mentor cross functional team on business processes, cross-selling, and the benefits of procedural selling versus product selling methodologies
- Monitor new hire training, assess gaps, and provide corrective guidance
- Handle non-performing employees. Document areas of concern and provide guidance on corrective actions
- Follow established processes and document problem employee situations
- Conduct ongoing performance reviews, provide written feedback at a minimum of once annually
- Document expected performance and goals for the upcoming year
- Drive forecasting accuracy and predictability using sales methodology and SFC
- Recognize each team member’s attributes and develop appropriate personal development plans to facilitate growth
- Travel with team members, bring business discussions to prospects and customers, provide a positive learning experience by example
- Drive a culture of growth, accountability, and disciplined execution
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships with all team members. Foster extreme ownership
- Display enthusiasm and positive attitude that can be mirrored by the region
- Set expectations, define goals, and stimulate desire to win as a team. Champion company vision and align team culture
- Actively support team efforts in all aspects of the business to create a stronger Dentsply Sirona presence in the market
- Create revenue budgets to reflect individual territory growth targets
- Develop and communicate the overall strategy. Work with field sales team to develop supporting tactics
- Establish performance metrics and communicate progress regularly
- Travels with field sales team. Works with customers and local distribution teams
- Gains feedback through on-site customer interaction and adjusts tactics accordingly
- Work with the sales director on the identification and development of Key Opinion Leaders
- Bring KOL participation to local events, focusing on company philosophy and sales execution
- Review data inputs, intelligence from the field, and work with sales director to develop a strategic plan, aligning with company objectives
- Deploy cross functional workflow strategy, leveraging the unique capability of the DS Clinical Development Manager
- Support Clinical Development Manger mission, gaining customer commitment to DS patient experience, practice expansion and efficiency
- Strengthen the synergies of DS direct and distributor pipelines. Leverage One DS in support of DS customer ownership
- Lead and manage regional events including site selection, budgeting, market rollout, engagement, driving attendance, and ROI
- Conduct quarterly business review with distribution managers
- Schedule quarterly business meetings with key direct customers – review workflows, identify inefficiencies and remediate with DS workflows
- Develop and structure partnerships with distributor and direct customers to accelerate growth
- Primary point of contact for the local distribution management team
- Handle sales escalations, personnel conflicts, and overall location relationship
- Work with distribution management, key distribution team members, and key customer accounts. Reinforce the value of DS procedures and workflows
- Assess the health of Dentsply Sirona by distributor location, work with location management to improve where needed
- Bring successful strategies and tactics to underperforming customers, direct and distribution
- Develop and structure partnerships with key business customers. Leverage partnership to gain new business
- Utilize consultative techniques to educate and assist with practice efficiency and expansion
- Effectively manages and filters information and tasks (notifications, emails, divisional programming, approvals) as deemed necessary to prioritize business needs
- Manages the annual expense budgets including Demo, Event Funds and Travel and Entertainment expenses
- Effectively communicate and reinforce company culture and initiatives
- Actively listen, discover pain points and message effective responses
- Develop value-based storyline presentation material
- Able to effectively present company ethos, product line, and value proposition as a podium presenter, in small groups, and one-on-one situations.
- Develop rapport and positive business relationships with distribution teams and key customers. Build the Dentsply Sirona brand
- Actively engage with appropriate merchandising, marketing and other internal employees relevant to business
- Must display interpersonal skills and ability to interact with customers, employees and others in a professional and tactful manner
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Address customer complaints in an appropriate and professional manner. Escalating concerns as required by current processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as may be necessary
Education/Years of Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of relevant work experience, or a Master’s degree plus 4 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Proven track record of leading teams to success
- 3 or more years of prior sales management experience
- Experience in resolving conflict and problem solving