The position of Region Business Director (RBD) is responsible for assorted Dealer-facing, Field Sales, Marketing and Business operations functions at the Region(s) level. The RBD is accountable for achieving Region Consumables sales and profit targets and supporting RVP and Region field sales to achieve Total Revenue Plan. The RBD regularly interacts with dealer executive management, and is responsible to address necessary requirements and actions to improve the dealer experience and results with Ricoh to restore stability and Dealer confidence. This position reports directly to the Region Vice President, and works closely with Field Sales and HQ staff and sales leaders in other channels.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve Region Consumables Sales ($65M-$100M Revenue and $25M-$40M GP). Develop, negotiate and secure program targets with Dealer. Drive field sales to execute strategies to secure aftermarket volume growth.
- Regularly meet with key dealers to evaluate Consumables situation, and address dealer issues and opportunities requiring special attention and follow up. Add value and support to Field Sales initiatives to expand business relationships with dealers.
- Drive Region strategic initiatives to grow focused product segments (ie. Printers, A4, vertical market software/solutions).
- Manages Rules of Engagement/ROE issues (10-12 per month) in coordination with appropriate channel managers and dealership management
- Oversee Strategic Funds ($2M-$4M) management and tracking. Report to RVP on regular basis
Additional/Alternate Work Locations (if applicable)
CA.LOS A.101-Los Angeles, NV.LAS V.10-Las Vegas, CA.SAN F.102-San Francisco, WA.SEATT.15-Seattle, UT.SALTL.100-Salt Lake City, TX.HOUST.100-Houston, TX.DALLA.100-Dallas
Job Description Continued
- Manage the execution and follow up of Region Field Sales Training and Development
- Champs program execution and coordination/tracking.
- Introduce CRMs systems, and educate Field Sales to manage business using performance metrics and systems reporting
- Compile and summarize key competitive actions, and launch competitive attack initiatives
- Participate in HQ sales strategy planning, and Field Sales Dealer Business Plan development
- Provide market and competitive input, identify operational issues (ie. R12 migration), and report the effectiveness of strategic initiatives
- Interact with counterparts and other field management to identify and circulate best practices
- Manage Region meetings and events, and provide input for national events (ie. NDC and Convergence meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- BS or equivalent experience in Sales and Marketing
- Requires 10+ years Dealer field sales experience; 5+ years with Ricoh US Dealers preferred
- 3+ years management in manufacturer dealer sales
- Proven sales success in the industry
- Strong knowledge of company technology, programs and resources
- Experience with industry Services and solutions requirements, including customer contact
- Ability to effectively maximize customer-facing interaction time
- Existing dealer relationships at multiple levels in given geography preferred