Under limited supervision, to provide maintenance services for all refrigeration, electrical and mechanical equipment at the Distribution Center and Production Bakery. Employees in this job classification act as chief engineer by organizing and prioritizing assignments and providing technical training to other engineers. Stationary Engineers maintain existing systems and install new equipment. This job classification requires knowledge of AC electrical systems including motor control, electronics, refrigeration and mechanical equipment associated with an industrial application and the ability to provide work direction to staff to resolve complex technical problems within established timelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Associate’s degree in electronics, refrigeration or mechanical engineering, plusseven (7) years of related multi-craft maintenance experience with three (3) years acting as a chief engineer, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge of refrigeration, electronics, hydraulic and mechanical concepts and their application on industrial equipment.
· Ability to troubleshoot, maintain and repair complex industrial refrigeration equipment, fire protection, electronic, electrical and mechanical equipment systems.
· Must possesses the ability to take direction and work directly with refrigeration staff to resolve complex technical problems within established timelines.
· Demonstrated welding skills.
· Ability to read and work from blue prints.
· Ability to make sound decisions during emergency situations
· Ability to work as a team member and team leader with other stationary engineers and facility personnel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - Employees may occasionally experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
Most work is performed in an industrial warehouse environment. Frequently works with hazardous equipment and chemicals. Frequently exposed to changing environmental conditions