- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for updating logs and documentation on a daily basis. Maintains shift and equipment logs in a clear and concise manner. Provides guidance and direction regarding trade techniques when instructed to work with an assigned helper.
- Orders supplies and equipment through manager, to maintain adequate stock for daily operation and planned activities. Emergency response. Assists othermechanics when needed. Maintains a shop inventory to provide adequate supplies to perform continued maintenance of Medical Center. Estimates materials needed and record time and material expended on each work order.
- Maintains appropriate records, inventories, etc. Acquires and maintains overall knowledge of facility operations and reports status to management. Ensures equipment is operating according to given schedule. Operates various operational software associated with existing automation systems. Knowledge of NYUs Medical Centers emergency procedure and coordinates information with other shops, clients, and management during emergencies such as floods, fire alarms. This includes interaction with outside municipal agencies (i.e. Fire Department, etc.) as necessary.
- Equipment Operations and Maintenance. Operates, repairs, tests and maintains all types of refrigeration engineering equipment (ex. Centrifical, split casing, end suction, vertical, vacuum and vacuum condensate pumps). Properly aligns motors, pumps, shafts, gearboxes and couplings. Properly repack pump seals and change mechanical seals.
- Operates, repairs, tests and maintains all pumping equipment, using necessary hand tools and testing equipment. Operates, repairs, tests and maintains all types of refrigeration engineering equipment (ex. Centrifical, split casing, end suction, vertical, vacuum and vacuum condensate pumps). Properly aligns motors, pumps, shafts, gearboxes and couplings. Properly repack pump seals and change mechanical seals.
To qualify you must have a Possesses a N.Y.C. fire department unlimited refrigeration permit. Has minimum of five to ten years in operation and maintenance of electric and centrifugal refrigeration equipment, absorption refrigeration equipment, pumps, cooling towers, H.V.A.C. systems, chiller plant control systems, standpipe, sprinklers systems and fire alarm systems in a similar size facility. Demonstrates leadership and interpersonal skills. Previous foreman or supervisory experience is required. Must have five years experience in this field. Trade or vocational school graduation shall reduce the above requirements to four years. New York Fire Department Certificate of Qualification for refrigerating system operation. New York Fire Department Certificate of Fitness of the following: Standpipe Systems (F- 10); Sprinkler Systems (F-18); Bulk Gas Storage (G-17). The above three licenses must be obtained before the expiration of the probationary period. New York State E.P.A. Pesticide Applicator License (G-7) to be obtained within one year of employment. If not in possession of the Pesticide Applicator License, must be willing to attend course and pass examination.
Required Licenses: NYC Refigeration Engr License
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
Job ID: 1043247_RR00019463